Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you feel about Tinder? Would you use it and go on a date with someone you've never met? How to know if they're a creep or not? Can a relationship be found that way?

ReputationRep:
    I hate the app.
    Unless you're an incredibly "good looking" person, the chances of finding someone on Tinder are pretty slim, since the app is designed for those that constantly base opinions on looks, pretty much what all of society is like these days.
    Impossible to tell if they're a creep until you get to know them for a long period of time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I haven't used it for so long, my profile has been hidden. :lol: It's just full of immature men who all just wanna get laid. Very few want anything serious.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you feel about Tinder? Would you use it and go on a date with someone you've never met? How to know if they're a creep or not? Can a relationship be found that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    It's just full of immature men who all just wanna get laid. Very few want anything serious.
    What can be more serious than getting laid?

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie, I've thought about it. However, given that I'm only 5'9" and fair haired I wouldn't stand a chance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Having a loving, life long relationship.
    It should be called Shaggr or something.

(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
    What can be more serious than getting laid?

ReputationRep:
    I've been out with couple of girls from there and one was ok, the other was good. The thing about these sorts of apps is that people just spin a load of ******** on them, then when you meet them it is invariably a disappointment on some level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    I haven't used it for so long, my profile has been hidden. :lol: It's just full of immature men who all just wanna get laid. Very few want anything serious.
    It's the same with girls lol.

Hard to find a normal girl on there. Had this one girl sending me random sexual gifs. So I sent a dancing chicken gif and she called me a creep and unmatched me :rofl:
    And there was another girl that I thought was normal. But after we'd been talking for ages she ended up telling me she was a webcam model and wouldn't meet up with me unless I watched her show :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    It's the same with girls lol.

Hard to find a normal girl on there. Had this one girl sending me random sexual gifs. So I sent a dancing chicken gif and she called me a creep and unmatched me :rofl:
    And there was another girl that I thought was normal. But after we'd been talking for ages she ended up telling me she was a webcam model and wouldn't meet up with me unless I watched her show :laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Oh dear. People are strange.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Actually met a girl from there, we went on a date and it was great (we were talking back and forth on SC for a few days prior to meeting up though)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.