The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, but you cannot expect levelheaded analysis from someone in r/Anarchism u/Fu**kkDrumpf
Yes because to be White is racism

For Whites to exist is racism

These posters are being put up to prove a point and as expected they all fall for it.

Whites will see this and think "Wait hang on why isn't it ok to be White?" and they'll turn to the alt-right or whoever they see as their ally
(edited 6 years ago)
The statement is not inherently racist. The people who are insecure enough to want to post it in public quite possibly are. Calling them Nazis is likely to be incorrect and counterproductive.
Reply 4
It is certainly not racist but it could be interpreted as against the establishment support for diversity and hence some (primarily liberals) may chastise you for it.

Personally i don't see why the UK becoming less white is a desirable change but perhaps perhaps i'm just a bigot.
Reply 5
In of themselves? No. The way they are undoubtedly intended by whomsoever put them up? You betcha.
Disingenuousness incoming....
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Manitude
The statement is not inherently racist. The people who are insecure enough to want to post it in public quite possibly are. Calling them Nazis is likely to be incorrect and counterproductive.

Original post by Napp
In of themselves? No. The way they are undoubtedly intended by whomsoever put them up? You betcha.

The posters are the product of trolls and pranksters. It essentially all started on 4chan.

Predictably, however, the media takes the bait and people start freaking out about 'racism' and 'white supremacy,' giving the pranksters exactly what they want: a freak-out over nothing. Same as usual.

People are so easy to wind up these days.
I don't think they're racist, but I guess they're pretty pointless tbh.
It's an innocuous statement, but still just enough to imply a hint of potential racism and get people upset about it.

Nice.
I get it. In the US, traditionally blacks have been enslaved and then turned into an underclass of society. In recent years, there has been somewhat of a backlash against their enforced position from the black community and rightly so. This in turn has made some white folks feel threatened to the point they feel the need to assert the white race again.

Personally I think the poster should say, "It is all right to be human." The colour of one's skin is irrelevant and always has been.
Everyone has the right to be comfortable and even proud of their skin color or ethnic background as long as it doesn't involve feeling superior to anybody. It would have maybe been racist if the poster said "proud to be white" because the phrase has certain implications and a history with white supremacists.
Original post by Future-Barista
Anyway a bunch of posters with the slogan "It's okay to be white" have been placed in different universities and colleges and have caused controversy. Opinions?
1ik0lo3gl8vz-compressed.jpg.jpeg

if anything it just proves the point that feminists consider anything white racist. Apparently the people suggesting to do it on 4 chan specifically said not to use it do cover sjw posters.
It IS okay to be white. Disagreeing with this makes you in support of white genocide, just like disagreeing with 'it's okay to be black' makes you in support of black genocide.
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
if anything it just proves the point that feminists consider anything white racist. Apparently the people suggesting to do it on 4 chan specifically said not to use it do cover sjw posters.

What on earh has this got to do with feminists. And please don't lump all feminists into one box. Sweeping statements help no one.
Original post by MartinF98
It IS okay to be white. Disagreeing with this makes you in support of white genocide, just like disagreeing with 'it's okay to be black' makes you in support of black genocide.

What a pile of clap trap. Are you one of these people that post those "Post 'yes' if you agree" memes?
Original post by Rakas21
It is certainly not racist but it could be interpreted as against the establishment support for diversity and hence some (primarily liberals) may chastise you for it.

Personally i don't see why the UK becoming less white is a desirable change but perhaps perhaps i'm just a bigot.

I don't see the problem with with the UK because more or less white people have always immigrated between different countries through out human history.

The liberals would complain it people of European descend move to a country with almost 100% black people in Africa and within 60 years around 20% of population is of European descend.
I don’t see anything wrong with it? If black people can have the “black lives matter” movement and lgbt people can have “its okay to be _____”, then white people can have this without being racist!
Not racist. Just a bit provocative and stupid.
They are not racist. They don't even promote racial pride, they just promote racial acceptance.

Even if they were racist, IMHO it's fair enough. Liberals have been deriding white people for decades, making vile claims about them, demonising them, making them out to be less than human. In comparison, this is a very reasonable poster... and yet it's had people riled up like crazy.

Latest

Trending

Trending