Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I’m 15 and in year 10.
    I was wondering what places I can go and ask to do some voluntary work that is related to medicine/engineering/anything science.
    And yes, pharmacies, gps, hospitals, lavatories, care homes etc are good places but does anyone know any shops which they’ll accept inexperienced students just to you know start out with volunteering?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

    You want something related to medicine/engineering/science but you want to look for work experience in shops? I think it would be better to find something like the places that you have suggested.

    If you are still interested in shops, you could look at volunteering in charity shops, as they are always looking for volunteers. You usually have to fill in an application form with references (ask your teacher) and they will allocate you in a role that suits you, and train you up.

    British heart foundation employed when I was 15
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.