Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would like to do an EPQ on astrophysics as thats what I would like to go into at university. However, all the topic choices I had are covered by my physics a level and so I can't do them. I'm really interested in stars and galaxies - about how they're formed, how they evolve in billions of light years, and how they die and what happens when they do. I'm really stuck on what to do but really want to do it - any suggestions on what I could do? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stef276)
    Hi, I would like to do an EPQ on astrophysics as thats what I would like to go into at university. However, all the topic choices I had are covered by my physics a level and so I can't do them. I'm really interested in stars and galaxies - about how they're formed, how they evolve in billions of light years, and how they die and what happens when they do. I'm really stuck on what to do but really want to do it - any suggestions on what I could do? Thanks
    Maybe the death of stars, u can talk about the different avenues.

Black holes could be interesting.

Or maybe how planets were discovered. U could talk about how they discovered neptune and i heard they reckon there may be another planet in the solar system (i was talking to someone today at the royal observatory)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Aragoscope?

It's been suggested as a lightweight future space telescope

couple of videos
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RacK2VwqEk <- This guy demos the concept best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9c8oZ49pFc <- This guy gives the theroretical background, but makes a mess of the demo (also imo comes across as a bit smarmy)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.