Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to flirt with guys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hmmm...I started doing this for the last few days
    that's the worst advice you can take :lol: (no offence to the poster) - that works on girls but not on guys.

Guys are actually straightforward and think logically. Just show him attention, talk to him, touch him, compliment, idk. It's not that hard

ReputationRep:
    whip your viet-schlong out and hope for the best.

(Original post by eden3)
    that's the worst advice you can take :lol: (no offence to the poster) - that works on girls but not on guys.

Guys are actually straightforward and think logically. Just show him attention, talk to him, touch him, compliment, idk. It's not that hard
    Seriously I always thought it would be simple with guys but its proven difficult
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Seriously I always thought it would be simple with guys but its proven difficult
    We are simple lol. It's not hard to gage a guy's interest. Idk what you're doing wrong.... I guess make it explicitly clear and recommend that you guys should hang out, like see a movie or something. IDK

ReputationRep:
    Omg I’m the same, but just try to talk straight away and pretend you just got off the phone to someone. That way you can say “oh btw whats your number?”
    Ahaha yeah. I saw her today but only spoke with her for like 10 seconds. I see her next Friday again so will probably try to do it then.

(Original post by eden3)
    We are simple lol. It's not hard to gage a guy's interest. Idk what you're doing wrong.... I guess make it explicitly clear and recommend that you guys should hang out, like see a movie or something. IDK
    Turns out he has a crush on another girl lmao damn

ReputationRep:
    Turns out he has a crush on another girl lmao damn
    LOL

just chat to someone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    Act like you're uninterested in him and he'll be begging for your attention.
    if you act uninterested he will think you are uninterested and give up on you.

(Original post by eden3)
    LOL

just chat to someone else
    urghhhh ye i guess, honestly dont seem to know anyone else so far that I would like in that way

(Original post by Froppy)
    turns out he has a crush on another girl anyway...

ReputationRep:
    turns out he has a crush on another girl anyway...
    sorry to hear ..i guess the only logical thing to do now is... ELIMINATE HER! O_O but really theres "loads more fish in the sea" and all that jazz, hold your head up high and keep smiling.

sorry to hear ..i guess the only logical thing to do now is... ELIMINATE HER! O_O but really theres "loads more fish in the sea" and all that jazz, hold your head up high and keep smiling.
    Thank youuu! I’m sure I’ll get over him, it was just a little crush i guess
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, the more I ignore a guy (because I genuinely don't want to date him), he just contacts me more and gets more needy. The one time I gave a guy all of my attention and showed how much I wanted him, the more he moved away. Guys want what they can't have.
    A guy asked me on a date and I made him wait a few days because I didn't speak to him long enough (a genuine thing of mine, not in order to play "hard to get") and he said that he wanted me more because I made him wait and he viewed it as a challenge. However, guys like that tend to get bored if they do get you, as the challenge has gone. You have to keep that challenge up until they fall in love with you.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, the more I ignore a guy (because I genuinely don't want to date him), he just contacts me more and gets more needy. The one time I gave a guy all of my attention and showed how much I wanted him, the more he moved away. Guys want what they can't have.
    A guy asked me on a date and I made him wait a few days because I didn't speak to him long enough (a genuine thing of mine, not in order to play "hard to get" and he said that he wanted me more because I made him wait and he viewed it as a challenge. However, guys like that tend to get bored if they do get you, as the challenge has gone. You have to keep that challenge up until they fall in love with you.
    Strange >_< ...It most likely depends on the type of guy then i guess. Personally If i was to try to be nice to a girl and she brushed me off or pretended like i didn't exist it would kind of annoy me. Then i would think she must not be interested or already be in a relationship so theres no point trying to chase her.

ReputationRep:
    A guy asked me on a date and I made him wait a few days because I didn't speak to him long enough (a genuine thing of mine, not in order to play "hard to get" and he said that he wanted me more because I made him wait and he viewed it as a challenge. However, guys like that tend to get bored if they do get you, as the challenge has gone. You have to keep that challenge up until they fall in love with you.
    You sound like my really dramatic female friend that I would never date even though she's hot lmao. Always has silly mind games and plans that ruin her relationships. Then she ends up asking me what went wrong :laugh: It's the whole "play stupid games win stupid prizes" thing. The prize is ending up with a guy that gets bored and dumps you. This is how you end up in a dramatic relationship rofl.

ReputationRep:
    Tag him in the latest memes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    You sound like my really dramatic female friend that I would never date even though she's hot lmao. Always has silly mind games and plans that ruin her relationships. Then she ends up asking me what went wrong :laugh: It's the whole "play stupid games win stupid prizes" thing. The prize is ending up with a guy that gets bored and dumps you. This is how you end up in a dramatic relationship rofl.
    Great assumption, but it works out fine for me. Your friend needs to sort out her 'game'. 😂

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a really nasty person to date. Essentially all you are doing is wasting other people's time, so you can feel good about yourself while you let him chase after you. This is the sort of behavior I find extremely pointless and quite frankly disgusting. Maybe you should take a good long look in the mirror and figure out why you do not care that you are wasting other people's time in return for making yourself feel good.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGiant)
    You sound like a really nasty person to date. Essentially all you are doing is wasting other people's time, so you can feel good about yourself while you let him chase after you. This is the sort of behavior I find extremely pointless and quite frankly disgusting. Maybe you should take a good long look in the mirror and figure out why you do not care that you are wasting other people's time in return for making yourself feel good.
    That's your opinion. You don't know me personally and certainly haven't dated me to realise what it is like to date me so I'm not too concerned. 😊 If I don't like a guy, I tell him straight up but it's their decision to continue so I'm not wasting anyone's time. I don't know why seeing as I'm such an awful human being.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Strange >_< ...It most likely depends on the type of guy then i guess. Personally If i was to try to be nice to a girl and she brushed me off or pretended like i didn't exist it would kind of annoy me. Then i would think she must not be interested or already be in a relationship so theres no point trying to chase her.
    I have a guy messaging me all the time and I've told him I don't wish to date him but he still asks me to text him, asks me out and calls me beautiful all the time. He's not getting the message that I only want friendship, even if I slapped him across the face with it, yet I am the one viewed as the person who is time wasting and playing games.

You would likely understand that message and not try any further but many guys just continue and when they've been rejected about 5 times, they get angry, think they're entitled to you, sometimes insult you and then tell people that you misled them and wasted their time. A lot of "nice guy" rage.

I've also spoken to guys and they've assumed that I was being off with them when it is simply how I type so then they give up. Then other guys are blissfully unaware that you're actually getting annoyed with them.

People think I'm rude when I ignore them but I'm not daft. A guy I never spoke to from high school suddenly pops up years later with kisses, suddenly interested in your life is the biggest clue and if I do respond, it gives them a level of hope or I get into the cycle of trying to tell them that I do not wish to date. I'd rather just ignore the whole situation and for them to see that it's not going to go anywhere rather than give them false hope. Don't you think that's fair?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.