Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to flirt with guys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pretend you're talking to one of your friends. Forget that you're talking to a really cute boy. Also you want to develop a relationship with this person whether that be friend or something more. Find out about them by asking them about themselves. Ask if they play sport, what music they listen to or what bands they like. Find some common ground and see what you have in common so that you can delve into further conversation.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    I have a guy messaging me all the time and I've told him I don't wish to date him but he still asks me to text him, asks me out and calls me beautiful all the time. He's not getting the message that I only want friendship, even if I slapped him across the face with it, yet I am the one viewed as the person who is time wasting and playing games.

You would likely understand that message and not try any further but many guys just continue and when they've been rejected about 5 times, they get angry, think they're entitled to you, sometimes insult you and then tell people that you misled them and wasted their time. A lot of "nice guy" rage.

I've also spoken to guys and they've assumed that I was being off with them when it is simply how I type so then they give up. Then other guys are blissfully unaware that you're actually getting annoyed with them.

People think I'm rude when I ignore them but I'm not daft. A guy I never spoke to from high school suddenly pops up years later with kisses, suddenly interested in your life is the biggest clue and if I do respond, it gives them a level of hope or I get into the cycle of trying to tell them that I do not wish to date. I'd rather just ignore the whole situation and for them to see that it's not going to go anywhere rather than give them false hope. Don't you think that's fair?
    I think its perfectly fair to ignore the thirsty weirdos that pester you even though you've clearly stated your not interested. No one is arguing with that. However I don't think you should ignore decent guys you actually have a crush on if you want them to like you...which is the point of this thread >_<. Just my opinion of course.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously all guys are different however if you just give him some attention (ask questions, have a conversation, compliments you know ways to get to know each other and build some trust) majority of guys will bond and will start to like you. Remember it's not going to work all the time. You can also get close (not in a creepy way like randomly touching him) like playing some kind of game where you hold hands.

Make eye contact, let him know you are paying attention.

Just some Ideas don't know if it helped.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.