The Student Room Group

Switching A levels?

So I am in my first year of A levels and am currently studying Chemistry Physics and maths, and have become interested in doing medicine. I have started doing EPQ research on medicine and I now realize how much I love biology. It would be possible to switch as I am not too far into the course, as some people have switched. All the degrees I'm interested in don't require physics and say they prefer biology. I chose physics because for me it's easy, but now I'm just bored of the lessons because it the same process - learn a bit then do 40 mins of maths. What should I do?

I feel all I do is maths and I CRAVE some content, the inner scientist in me needs it.

posted for the 3rd time sorry
ask your college for advice? they'll know more about switching policy than TSR does
Reply 2
Original post by JordanStewart
So I am in my first year of A levels and am currently studying Chemistry Physics and maths, and have become interested in doing medicine. I have started doing EPQ research on medicine and I now realize how much I love biology. It would be possible to switch as I am not too far into the course, as some people have switched. All the degrees I'm interested in don't require physics and say they prefer biology. I chose physics because for me it's easy, but now I'm just bored of the lessons because it the same process - learn a bit then do 40 mins of maths. What should I do?

I feel all I do is maths and I CRAVE some content, the inner scientist in me needs it.

posted for the 3rd time sorry

You'll have to ask your school.
I personally wouldn’t advise switching after a term being in the course. It’s a lot to catch up on and, personally doing OCR biology, I’d hate to switch to it so far in.
Biology is very content heavy, so you'll have a LOT of catching up to do, but I guess if you're ready to spend a large amount of your free time catching up you should be able to switch.
Change. This is for the rest of your life. Might as well spend the time catching up now, rather than regretting it later.

If only i could listen to my own advice. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest