Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I watch Rick and Morty, so what university should I go to, Oxford or Cambridge? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’m in year 12, doing Btec construction, Btec health and social care, and Btec applied Business. I got 5Cs, 2Ds and 2Us at GCSE, and I’m predicted Ds at the end of Sixth form.
    Despite all that, I watch Rick and Morty, and I was able to understand the jokes and the immense amount of Physics behind this charismatic show.
    I believe by understanding Rick and Morty, I have a full grasp of theoretical Physics as well as other aspects of it and I decided to study Physics at University.
    However, I’m not sure what university I should apply for out of Oxford or Cambridge?
    (I will also take into account how many times they’ll beg me to join their University).
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    London Met

ReputationRep:
    London Met.

ReputationRep:
    (tfw I did btec construction ;( )
    Skip uni, go straight to NASA

ReputationRep:
    Both, at the same time. You've definitely got the brains for it.

ReputationRep:
    these Rick and Morty jokes make me sad, it's like finding an old shoe that a child dropped out the car window onto the road or something

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff Met.

ReputationRep:
    rick and morty will only go as far to serve to as a replacement for an 'S' in STEP I,II,III if the student didn't take those exams, and so you'll still have to bump up those predictions. then again i've heard some crazy stuff happening like harvard full scholarships - it's very hit-and-miss tbh. just memorize the first 2 season's dialogue and you should be fine. that's what i'm doing at least

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenevs Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂
    And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Lmfao BTEC

ReputationRep:
    harvard mate is for you!

ReputationRep:
    Ricky and morty best tv show on netflix after the vampire diaries of course
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Rayan786)
    I watch Rick and Morty
    Oxford or Cambridge?
    Name:  nocorrelation.png
Views: 86
Size:  5.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you what I think about university Rayan, it's a waste of time. Bunch of people walking around bumpin' into each other, got a guy at front says "what's the characteristic polynomial of this matrix" and the people at the back say "x^2 + 3x - 1". Then the lecture ends and you get a monitoring point which says you can keep doing the course or something. I mean, it's not a place for smart people, Rayan. I know it's not a popular opinion but that's my two cents on the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by math42)
    I'll tell you what I think about university Rayan, it's a waste of time. Bunch of people walking around bumpin' into each other, got a guy at front says "what's the characteristic polynomial of this matrix" and the people at the back say "x^2 + 3x - 1". Then the lecture ends and you get a monitoring point which says you can keep doing the course or something. I mean, it's not a place for smart people, Rayan. I know it's not a popular opinion but that's my two cents on the issue.
    I mean if they do go there though, they won't have any time to get stuck in a loveless marriage; they'll be too busy focusing on all the science.

ReputationRep:
    NASA will accept you straight away after you tell them this.

ReputationRep:
    Rewatch it, and they'll both accept you at the same time; you won't even need anything else.

Just make sure you divide your time between them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayan786)
    I’m in year 12, doing Btec construction, Btec health and social care, and Btec applied Business. I got 5Cs, 2Ds and 2Us at GCSE, and I’m predicted Ds at the end of Sixth form.
    Despite all that, I watch Rick and Morty, and I was able to understand the jokes and the immense amount of Physics behind this charismatic show.
    I believe by understanding Rick and Morty, I have a full grasp of theoretical Physics as well as other aspects of it and I decided to study Physics at University.
    However, I’m not sure what university I should apply for out of Oxford or Cambridge?
    (I will also take into account how many times they’ll beg me to join their University).
    Never mind Oxbridge, you should be aiming for MIT.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly mate, you will probably have to skip straight to the Nobel Prize due to your intelligence.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.