Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you agree that after Oxbridge, these are the third best universities (faculty) Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomm98)
    Great point - it's just so subjective! Yeah, I agree that perhaps asking by faculty was an odd way about it. All of those Universities probably have particularly strong departments within their Faculties.
    True.

Tbh, rankings should be a good way to determine but if they were independent or near-independent.

I like to use the international tables like THE and QS because, to me, they appear more objective than local ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    True.

Tbh, rankings should be a good way to determine but if they were independent or near-independent.

I like to use the international tables like THE and QS because, to me, they appear more objective than local ones.
    Because they rank your uni higher whereas others dont.

(Keep reporting my posts, must be fun)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nashh606)
    Because they rank your uni higher whereas others dont.

(Keep reporting my posts, must be fun)
    I have never reported your posts. I don't do such things, i just ignore people. I guess other viewers have gotten fed up of your aggressive and abusive approach to discussion.

We dont seem to agree or discuss in a rationale manner, so it is best for me to avoid you.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial and Bristol for Engineering
    LSE and UCL for Social Science
    KCL and Durham for Humanities and Politics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.