The Student Room Group

What do you find most difficult about driving lessons?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rum Ham
I tried reverse left around a corner today for the first time. That is now officially my most hated maneuver.

I liked it, but I had a bill plant bmw 1 series where you can turn the wing mirrors towards the floor which makes the manoever a joke.
Driving with both hands and the steering wheel near your chest.

Lean back
Original post by Shabby33
Driving with both hands and the steering wheel near your chest.

Lean back

This is what I struggled with at first too! Quarter to 3 or whatever it was.

Glad I dont have to do lessons anymore! :smile:
Original post by MiszShortee786
This is what I struggled with at first too! Quarter to 3 or whatever it was.

Glad I dont have to do lessons anymore! :smile:

I dont even drive, but i know im gonna have that problem when i take my driving test due to me long legs
I dont even drive, but i know im gonna have that problem when i take my driving test due to me long legs

You can move the seat back so it wouldn't be such a issue? I had to do the opposite with 2 cushions and seat plumped up due to my height just to see out the windscreen. :/
Original post by MiszShortee786
You can move the seat back so it wouldn't be such a issue? I had to do the opposite with 2 cushions and seat plumped up due to my height just to see out the windscreen. :/

LOL my cousin owns a 5 seater bmw and cos his seat is moved back, The car is 4 seats. anyone who sits behind is squashed and its uncomfortable
LOL my cousin owns a 5 seater bmw and cos his seat is moved back, The car is 4 seats. anyone who sits behind is squashed and its uncomfortable

That becomes another issue aswell. I have an Aygo so its not much of a problem apart from the manufactures not making the seat going forward.

Pretty bad planning if you ask me.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Reversing round a corner was one of my favorites! The one I really hated was parallel parking...

I hate parallel parking, like a lot more reverse around the corner.
Original post by Pikachu94
I recommend AA Driving school or Bill Plant, the other private ones just try to make money by messing about. While the more well known driving schools have a reputation to keep. I know its more expensive but you will pass quicker

I wanted to use AA or Bill Plant but they did not give any lessons in my area, or were fully booked all time. I got one school in my area, I like my instructor but he doesn't tell me anything like "take more lessons" or " take your exam in this centre" or whatever. (he does tell me off every time I make mistakes, that for sure) but he doesn't want to influence my decisions. I understand his point but other instructions suggest you were to go, how many lessons more you will need, etc. and at some point I think it is useful when you want to have an idea when you are ready for the exam...
Original post by CastCuraga
...finding a driving tutor... :colondollar:

That was my first difficulty.... it took me ages. good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending