Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

So i have a few questions but first of all i want to study graphic design in England, but do i have to pay the entire period of the time i study? I have a chance to don't pay and study for free?

Thank you! Hope you have a great day!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cipan)
    Hi there!

So I have a few questions but first of all i want to study graphic design in England, but do i have to pay the entire period of the time i study? I have a chance to don't pay and study for free?

Thank you! Hope you have a great day!
    Hi Cipan,

Study in the UK is not free.

As an EU student, your entitlement to funding is dependent on your circumstances and where you plan to study.

To qualify for Higher Education support as a home student, for both a Tuition Fee Loan and a Maintenance Loan, you must meet the following standard residency requirements:

EU National.
    • Must be ordinarily resident in the UK for 5 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course
    • be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course

EU Nationals studying in England who don't have the relevant years residency within the United Kingdom will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan as an EU student.

In order to apply they must meet the following residency criteria:
    • resident within the EEA/Switzerland for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course(we can consider temporary absence breaks); and
    • resident in the UK for the first day of the course (not the academic year)

EU students, resident in the UK, on the first day of the first academic year of their course, who do not meet the required standard eligibility requirements, may be able to apply as a Migrant Worker, if you or your EU/EEA family member are working in the UK.

These are all loans and need to be paid back.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.