Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I'm into the second half-term of year 12 IB now, and the school hasn't mentioned anything about the EE or getting a question sorted.

Could anyone give me a guide to what I could prepare in advance/when it might start?

Thank-you!

ReputationRep:
    I picked my topic in March, researched it and did my survey in May/June. I wrote it over summer and then my supervisor read it. I then edited it and it was finished by January

ReputationRep:
    At my school, it was launched in the summer term, and I researched it and wrote a plan before going on the summer holidays. I slightly changed my title, so I also did more research over summer and wrote the first 2000 words. I completely finished the first draft and had feedback on it over half term, and am currently working on the final thing! (I'm year 13). I think it's ultimately down to what your school usually does, but there's no need to worry about writing it if your school hasn't mentioned it as you're still in the early stages of IB!! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    In terms of preparation you could start thinking about what subject you would like to write on (in my experience this is usually relating to what you want to study at uni). I did a History EE, so Jstor was a MASSIVE help to me!! If your school has a login it might be interesting to read some of the journals on there. Or you could find a few books in the library to start looking at what subject area you would like to pick. As I said earlier though, in my experience you are very organised thinking about it now and there is no need to worry!

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest thinking about which subject you're the most interested in now and a specific area you really like.
    There is the option of doing world studies which are combining 2 subjects and relating your cause to a world issue.

To actually start with it, you still have time but when you do make sure to start with any experiment or survey straight away to get as many results as possible.

Bare in mind that a lot of people change their topic after having done a lot of research so don't rush the choice of your topic.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.