username3076570
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Ok so I’m planning on doing either Spanish, Chemistry and Physics, or Spanish, Chemistry and Biology. Which one would u guys recommend? Also what is a level spanish like? I’m currently getting grade 7 (A) in Spanish so just wondering if I’m good enough. Also if I decide to go to college instead of sixth form, then I won’t be able to do Spanish. So instead I’ll probably do something else, but I don’t know what... any help on that too? Thanks!!
katiex6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Spanish A Level is challenging because the format of the questions in the exams is very different to what you would see in a GCSE paper, but it is very enjoyable and there’s more cultural aspects integrated in it (we studied a Spanish film for one of the AS units and we are currently studying a Spanish play for an A2 unit). I don’t know what a 7 is (we don’t use this new system in NI yet) but if that’s around high B or an A then I’d definitely say you’d be able to do it! Any sort of idea of what you might do if you go to college instead?
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What do you want to do at university?
username3076570
Rep:
?
(Original post by katiex6)
Spanish A Level is challenging because the format of the questions in the exams is very different to what you would see in a GCSE paper, but it is very enjoyable and there’s more cultural aspects integrated in it (we studied a Spanish film for one of the AS units and we are currently studying a Spanish play for an A2 unit). I don’t know what a 7 is (we don’t use this new system in NI yet) but if that’s around high B or an A then I’d definitely say you’d be able to do it! Any sort of idea of what you might do if you go to college instead?
To be honest I still don’t know yet... still thinking. And yeh grade 7 is an A.
username3076570
Rep:
?
Thing is... there isn’t rly an easy a level tho, all are hard... :///
(Original post by Student-95)
What do you want to do at university?
Either law or cosmetic science
Dysf(x)al
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends what you want to do at uni. Have you considered taking Maths? It fits very well with the sciences and is required for quite a lot of STEM-related uni courses.
username3076570
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheMindGarage)
Depends what you want to do at uni. Have you considered taking Maths? It fits very well with the sciences and is required for quite a lot of STEM-related uni courses.
Yeh I have, to be honest, if I do go to college, I’ll probably do maths instead of Spanish...
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Berrydo)
Either law or cosmetic science
Either bio or chem should be fine for those. Pick the one you prefer/are better at.
Natasha_Faye
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Biology and chemistry work really well together since there are some overlaps in the courses. In my experience physics would be difficult without maths and so I would recommend doing both if you really want to take physics
username3076570
Rep:
?
(Original post by Natasha_Faye)
Biology and chemistry work really well together since there are some overlaps in the courses. In my experience physics would be difficult without maths and so I would recommend doing both if you really want to take physics
Okay thanks for your advice! Tbh bio and chem sounds more “together” if that makes sense....
goldenoak
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
which film and book are you doing? I did también la lluvia and la casa de bernarda alba
Claisen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Science are safe A-levels to go with because you can generally get into any degree with them. They are also extremely respected and academic subjects.
katiex6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by goldenoak)
which film and book are you doing? I did también la lluvia and la casa de bernarda alba
We’re studying La Casa de Bernarda Alba too!! I’m really enjoying it, last year we studied Solas ☺️
goldenoak
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We’re studying La Casa de Bernarda Alba too!! I’m really enjoying it, last year we studied Solas ☺️
nice! i haven’t heard of solas but i’ll have a look
katiex6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
nice! i haven’t heard of solas but i’ll have a look
it’s a horrible depressing film, i found it very easy to study but, don’t know if it’s on many exam boards other than CCEA, don’t think we have también la lluvia you see!
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't do physics if I were you unless you really enjoy it and have a great teacher. Choose biology for a safer option
goldenoak
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it’s a horrible depressing film, i found it very easy to study but, don’t know if it’s on many exam boards other than CCEA, don’t think we have también la lluvia you see!
ah okay maybe i won’t watch it then :// i do edexcel
katiex6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ah okay maybe i won’t watch it then :// i do edexcel
some people did like it but it was just a bit too dramatic for me, we got a very good extended writing question on it so i can’t really complain!
goldenoak
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
some people did like it but it was just a bit too dramatic for me, we got a very good extended writing question on it so i can’t really complain!
ah that’s quite useful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads