Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Revision/motivation ideas and tips Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, Im currently in year 11 and I am revising for PPE’s (mocks). Through the period i thought of some revision and motivation tips that really helped me to stay motivated and focused. Here are some of the things I did ;
    * Set reminders with motivational quotes or words on certain days/hours you know you will be doing nothing ie. Tuesday 22nd Nov 5pm ~ keep going, your dreams are just around the corner . This will hopefully motivate you to revise.
    * create a time table schedule
    * stay organised
    * reward yourself ~DO NOT OVERLOAD WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF WORK
    * Personally i like post it notes as the colourful and funky, i write key words facts, equations and stick them on my wall in-front of my desk, I usually use one colour per topic or subject
    * When writing your notes draw small drawings to help you remember ie, for enzymes i would draw a small lock and key hypothesis.
    * have a scrap book or piece of paper in every lesson to write down words your interested in,things you have to do or any deadlines and when you get home write everything down nicely, this helps you remember stuff and stay on top of tasks.
    * same old past paper ~ sorry to mention this as i know you probably have already heard if this but they save your life, usually topics on past papers and questions are very similar to new papers and test.
    * Revision songs on youtube, they get stuck in your head and this may help you remember key quotes. If you study Macbeth try ~ Shoutout to Macbeth
    * Try writing your own, not only will this help you but if you share it , this may help others.
    * Buy some folders, they don’t have to be £5 each, just buy cheap folders for 75p and organise everything in them.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This is quite useful,thanks, i'm in year 11 too with mocks starting on 27th nov😭😅

ReputationRep:
    Mine start on the 6th nov, im happy i could help 🤘🏼📚

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for this, mine start right after the Christmas holidays

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.