Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Should I submit my written work as two separate PDFs for each piece of work, or as one whole PDF for all the work?

On the cover sheet it says this:
    "Work scanned and sent by email should be sent as one multi-page PDF file for each piece of submitted work with its cover sheet".
    This suggests one pdf (including cover sheet) per piece of submitted written work.

However, in my email from Hertford it says this:
    "Please supply your written work in digital format, by email, as one pdf document. Please do not submit multiple pdfs for each piece of work."
    This suggests the opposite; one pdf for all the written work and cover sheets.

I'm confused as to how I should sent my written work. I know this seems nitpicky but in the email they bolded the part about multiple pdfs which suggests this is fairly important.
    If you are also applying to Hertford, already have applied there before, or have good knowledge about Oxford applications, please reply!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am sorry I can't help you with this question, however, I would like to ask you as to when you got this mail.

As my chosen subject requires a written work too, but I have not been notified by the college (Hertford) regarding the mode of submission.

(Though I am no expert here if I was in your situation I'd go by the mail sent by the college. The fact that they are making it a point to highlight the information relating to multiple pdfs just tells as to how it is commonly mistaken, or it may also be done so to tell us that it is slightly different than the usual procedure. All the best )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyceum.)
    Hey, I am sorry I can't help you with this question, however, I would like to ask you as to when you got this mail.

As my chosen subject requires a written work too, but I have not been notified by the college (Hertford) regarding the mode of submission.

(Though I am no expert here if I was in your situation I'd go by the mail sent by the college. The fact that they are making it a point to highlight the information relating to multiple pdfs just tells as to how it is commonly mistaken, or it may also be done so to tell us that it is slightly different than the usual procedure. All the best )
    Hi there!! I received my email on the 26th of October. Its weird that they didnt send one to you, but the deadlines the 10th of november so i guess just send it off asap anyway? I suppose hertford will want email rather than post for all submissions?? Idk haha but it says to make sure to specify your name and the fact that it's written work in the subject line. I ended up putting it all in one PDF by the way along with the cover sheets haha.

Best of luck to you!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if it wouldn't be too much of a trouble, can you please forward that email to me?

I really would be really thankful to you if you could do that!

Feel free to erase all the personal information you have, in that email, like your ref number or anything similar.

I had written a mail to the college as well as the university but I have not gotten any reply... I'm afraid I'll be too late, if i don't complete the procedure timely. (as mentioned by you too, the deadline is 10th)

PM me
    looking forward to your mail!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.