Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview for Child Nursing at LSBU next week (I've already done the maths and english test), just wondering if anyone could give any tips on what they may ask or any tips in general, I am SO nervous.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fsr2307)
    Hi, I have an interview for Child Nursing at LSBU next week (I've already done the maths and english test), just wondering if anyone could give any tips on what they may ask or any tips in general, I am SO nervous.

Thanks
    I have mine too, mines on wednesday, so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I found the test bit hard but then again it may be where I didn’t revise more on my maths. The test is done on a computer room on the computer . But good luck you will be fine dude

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys!

I did my maths and literacy exam yesterday and i felt like i really struggled with the maths but done really well with the literacy. I felt so disappointed in myself as LSBU was my first choice

How long until you guys heard back? The lady told us we will hear no later than Monday but this waiting game is killing me, it's like I know ive done badly i just need to be told

Thanks guys xx

ReputationRep:
    I felt exactly the same with the maths and english tests but try not to worry about it! I thought i had failed them but a week later i heard back and had an interview yesterday and got an email today offering me a place!! Try not to worry, i thought i had failed the interview as well but i must have been okay to have been offered a place!xxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloegratton6)
    I felt exactly the same with the maths and english tests but try not to worry about it! I thought i had failed them but a week later i heard back and had an interview yesterday and got an email today offering me a place!! Try not to worry, i thought i had failed the interview as well but i must have been okay to have been offered a place!xxx

Thank you for getting back to me so quick. I still cannot help feeling down about it. Even when i went home i remembered a calculation and did it again on a calculator when i got home and i no one of the questions i thought i did right was wrong. Its literally knocked my confidence completely it is like im preparing myself for a fail but I am gutted because i really wanted to go LSBU
    Monday seems like a long way away !!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me i felt the exact same! A group of us were talking about the answers afterwards and i felt like everyone had put different to me, its not a very nice feeling, try not to think you have failed because i am sure you havent, you’ll have done great!

ReputationRep:
    Trust me i felt the exact same! A group of us were talking about the answers afterwards and i felt like everyone had put different to me, its not a very nice feeling, try not to think you have failed because i am sure you havent, you’ll have done great!

Thank you hun! The waiting game is always the worst ive got two more interviews coming up which I am feeling optimistic about so fingers crossed, as long as i get into university that is the main thing! haha xx

ReputationRep:
    It is horrible isn’t it! It wont be long before you hear back, I hope you find out soon! Good luck!xx

ReputationRep:
    It is horrible isn’t it! It wont be long before you hear back, I hope you find out soon! Good luck!xx
    Thank you!! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I currently study children’s nursing at Lsbu The interviews are MMI’s so are hard to prepare for, incase you don’t know what these are I will explain ☺️ There are around five stations in the interview process, each station will be a different person giving you a scenario and you basically need to explain what you would do in that scenario, you get a few minutes to answer while the interviewer will take notes on what your saying. Some people prefer these to the traditional type of interviews and some don’t, I personally hated it but my friend loved it compared to the traditional type so it is just down to personal preference. You can search scenarios online so you get an idea of what you may be asked but when I was interviewed the scenarios were not how I expected them to be and only one was related to nursing, but that really is the whole point, you aren’t suppose to be able to prepare so they hear your honest answer as you are put on the spot! Don’t be panic if you can’t think of an answer straight away or if you thought you did awful, personally I think three of mine went well and two went awful but I got an offer two days after the interview! The good thing about MMI’s is that you may do bad at one and amazing in the others, good luck and I hope this helps☺️X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmcxo)
    Hi, I currently study children’s nursing at Lsbu The interviews are MMI’s so are hard to prepare for, incase you don’t know what these are I will explain ☺️ There are around five stations in the interview process, each station will be a different person giving you a scenario and you basically need to explain what you would do in that scenario, you get a few minutes to answer while the interviewer will take notes on what your saying. Some people prefer these to the traditional type of interviews and some don’t, I personally hated it but my friend loved it compared to the traditional type so it is just down to personal preference. You can search scenarios online so you get an idea of what you may be asked but when I was interviewed the scenarios were not how I expected them to be and only one was related to nursing, but that really is the whole point, you aren’t suppose to be able to prepare so they hear your honest answer as you are put on the spot! Don’t be panic if you can’t think of an answer straight away or if you thought you did awful, personally I think three of mine went well and two went awful but I got an offer two days after the interview! The good thing about MMI’s is that you may do bad at one and amazing in the others, good luck and I hope this helps☺️X
    hello hun thank you for the advice! i did my maths and literacy wednesday and was told we will hear back before monday, its friday and i keep looking through my emails and just preparing myself for the worse it went soo bad!...is it worth just waiting or give them a call? im am that prepared of failing i just want to be told now

ReputationRep:
    I would just keep checking but try not to stress about it! Also check you junk emails just incase as emails will sometimes go through to there 😒 I would honestly just wait as lots of people will be doing the English a maths tests as it’s the children’s, mental health, adult and LD nurses too, so they have probably a lot to process. When I did mine I definitely didn’t find out for at least a week, possibly a week and a half and I know exactly how you feel, it’s horrible waiting as you just want to be told but try not to worry (I know easier said than done.) I really hope you get through!⭐️

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have a literacy and numeracy test and an interview at Lsbu next week and I can’t quite figure out how they are formatted. Is the literacy test like writing an essay or is it just like the sample paper where you get some text and have to answer 5 multiple choice questions? Also, for the interviews is it MMI’s and do they ask you like several scenarios or questions like why do you want to become Children’s nurse and stuff? I keep finding loads of different answers on the internet so any help would be appreciated thanks 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaAllen123)
    Hi I have a literacy and numeracy test and an interview at Lsbu next week and I can’t quite figure out how they are formatted. Is the literacy test like writing an essay or is it just like the sample paper where you get some text and have to answer 5 multiple choice questions? Also, for the interviews is it MMI’s and do they ask you like several scenarios or questions like why do you want to become Children’s nurse and stuff? I keep finding loads of different answers on the internet so any help would be appreciated thanks 🙂
    The literacy and numeracy are like the practice papers, the literacy is 5 multiple choice questions; not an essay. The interviews are MMI’s, no they do not ask questions like that, it is purely scenario based (well mine was for 2017 entry.) So assuming the interviews are still the same, there will be around five MMI stations, which are scenario based and at the end the is a written section, you are given a question/scenario and you have to write about it. Hope this helps, good luck ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for getting back to me! I’m really nervous about it but this definitely helps thank you 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaAllen123)
    Thank you so much for getting back to me! I’m really nervous about it but this definitely helps thank you 🙂
    No problem ☺️ Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmcxo)
    What is it like studying nursing at LSBU I am second thinking about it... is it good, are you going to stay on?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.