Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Place these pictures in order of muscle Watch

ReputationRep:
    lol this is funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    😂😂😂😂😂

And if you're wondering, your legs are indeed as thin as women's legs.
    It's sad how your first instinct is to insult someone rather than help. Hopefully, you're just young and will grow up. If you haven't got the face, have a personality at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwherje)
    And their calfs look bigger?
    not bigger but the have more muscle to bone ratio, you got more bone they got less muscle but the legs look all the same

ReputationRep:
    To be honest none of them look "strong" in a gym-rat, "do you even lift" kind of way. All of them are toned but fairly skinny. That being said, not being muscley doesn't mean they AREN'T strong - I can't assume fitness, but they're all built like they could run damn well. Also, in certain sports, strength without bulk is desirable - stuff like dancing and even jockeying, and even specific position's in sports like rugby (half-backs & wingers, anyone?).

ReputationRep:
    Basically I had an Indian leg wrestle thingy (like an arm wrestle but with legs) against my siblings and lost to all of them. I'm the bottom left, 20 years old. Brother is 12 years old and top right, sisters are 15 and 11 and top right and bottom right.

I was just feeling insecure about my leg strength and wanted a second opinion. Don't roast me too much.
    :hmmmm2:

bear™ is confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    To be honest none of them look "strong" in a gym-rat, "do you even lift" kind of way. All of them are toned but fairly skinny. That being said, not being muscley doesn't mean they AREN'T strong - I can't assume fitness, but they're all built like they could run damn well. Also, in certain sports, strength without bulk is desirable - stuff like dancing and even jockeying, and even specific position's in sports like rugby (half-backs & wingers, anyone?).
    You called it, both my sisters dance lol. I think it's time I started bulking, I don't want to be at the same strength level as my younger siblings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    :hmmmm2:

bear™ is confused
    Oh, mistake there. Top left is 15 yo sister, top right is 12 yo bro, bottom left is me, bottom right is 11 yo sis was what I was supposed to say.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, mistake there. Top left is 15 yo sister, top right is 12 yo bro, bottom left is me, bottom right is 11 yo sis was what I was supposed to say.
    thank you for clearing that up :borat:

ReputationRep:
    You called it, both my sisters dance lol. I think it's time I started bulking, I don't want to be at the same strength level as my younger siblings.
    You don't need to be insecure about it, honestly. Keep yourself in good general health - eat well and do some exercise - and that's all that actually matters. Obviously if you want to bulk up go for it but do it for yourself, not because you're feeling pressured to.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    This is what happens when you skip leg day, you become a ballerina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    You don't need to be insecure about it, honestly. Keep yourself in good general health - eat well and do some exercise - and that's all that actually matters. Obviously if you want to bulk up go for it but do it for yourself, not because you're feeling pressured to.
    Thanks, man! I know it's probably not the best reason to start bulking lol, but maybe I can use my siblings as a measuring stick of my progress.

I feel like I am pressured to do it because my brother's getting a little over-confident. Today he just randomly pinned me to the ground, put 2 hands around my neck and strangled me until I submitted. He's just a 12 year old kid, it's getting embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    From strongest to weakest:

Top right- Not surprised he can kick your ass, his calf is twice as developed as yours.
    Top left- Solid development in quads.
    Bottom right- Toned but lacking muscle.
    Bottom left- Least definition, lacking muscle.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, man! I know it's probably not the best reason to start bulking lol, but maybe I can use my siblings as a measuring stick of my progress.

I feel like I am pressured to do it because my brother's getting a little over-confident. Today he just randomly pinned me to the ground, put 2 hands around my neck and strangled me until I submitted. He's just a 12 year old kid, it's getting embarrassing.
    Don't be embarrassed about yourself for that! He should be embarrassed about being a d*ck 😂

Whatever your reasons, be safe about it. If you're really seriously wanting to bulk properly, for strength not just appearance, make sure you get a decent diet and training plan in place. I don't mean go on some crazy protein diet, in fact don't try and weird fad diets to "help" because most of them are seriously unhealthy. Make sure you rest, don't overwork, etc. And remember that progress might be invisible for days, weeks or months, but it is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRxS)
    Don't be embarrassed about yourself for that! He should be embarrassed about being a d*ck 😂

Whatever your reasons, be safe about it. If you're really seriously wanting to bulk properly, for strength not just appearance, make sure you get a decent diet and training plan in place. I don't mean go on some crazy protein diet, in fact don't try and weird fad diets to "help" because most of them are seriously unhealthy. Make sure you rest, don't overwork, etc. And remember that progress might be invisible for days, weeks or months, but it is happening.
    I wouldn't have been embarrassed if it was just a regular submission, but in this move it felt like there was a power dynamic between us if that makes sense. I really hate being pinned, plus I had both hands free but couldn't even budge his arms. You're right though, he is a d*ck.

Like GOMAD lol? I tried it for a few days, never again. I think what I'm going to do is buy whey protein and go 5 days a week to the gym. I'm not much for organisation but I can definitely try to do a training plan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.