Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can a girl take the first step? Watch

Guys..what do u think about that when some random girl comes to you and start some random conversation or when she ask for number or any contact first? Do u like girls like that?
    And would you act different if some girl ask u in front of friends vs when u're alone? if yes, then how.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Of course they can.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's against the law in this country. You'll be arrested and then executed.

Yes, sometimes guys (like me) find it hard to go up to a random girl and start a conversation, so girls doing it would make it a lot more relaxing and less stressful/nerving.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys..what do u think about that when some random girl comes to you and start some random conversation or when she ask for number or any contact first? Do u like girls like that?
    And would you act different if some girl ask u in front of friends vs when u're alone? if yes, then how.
    I would like that quite a bit. I myself am not a fan of social restraints put upon today’s society by past generations. Challenging this shows favourable traits within oneself.

Yes, sometimes guys (like me) find it very hard to go up to random girls and start a conversation with them. So girls doing it instead shows that they have interest and make it a lot less stressful and nerving. I don't think I matters weather they're alone or with friends, but it is probably a bit more intimidating for the girl if they're with friends. I'm probably not the best person to ask how though...

ReputationRep:
    i'm more attracted to girls who make the first move than those who don't

ReputationRep:
    Not in front of friends because " Mans not hot"

ReputationRep:
    No. It is against the law and punishable by death.

Yes, sometimes guys (like me) find it very hard to go up to random girls and start a conversation with them. So girls doing it instead shows that they have interest and make it a lot less stressful and nerving. I don't think I matters weather they're alone or with friends, but it is probably a bit more intimidating for the girl if they're with friends. I'm probably not the best person to ask how though...

ReputationRep:
    i did it with my current bf- its the 21st century of course we can

(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    Really? Do u have some tips how to start conversation or what to say?
    I never did something like this and I'm so nervous af.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Really? Do u have some tips how to start conversation or what to say?
    I never did something like this and I'm so nervous af.
    yeah i did haha, well i knew him through friends anyway, so we all went out for dinner one day, and i slide intto the seat next to him and started chatted, and we chatted and flirted for the rest of the evening- talking comes naturally to me, i dont really know when to shut up hahaha, and after i messaged him saying it was nice to see him and we should do it again sometime, and BAM in comes date number 1!!

youll be fine!!! i have much faith in you! you got this! i say dont overthink it and just go with the flow, and youll be jussstttt fine!!!!

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU jesus christ a girl from this site who has more than 2 brain cells and can actually think for herself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    THANK YOU jesus christ a girl from this site who has more than 2 brain cells and can actually think for herself
    loooooollllll i use it to my advantage though hehehe, sometimes to win an argument id be like 'if it wasnt for me you wouldnt be here' etc- its quite fun :rofl:

someones gotta make the first move right

ReputationRep:
    loooooollllll i use it to my advantage though hehehe, sometimes to win an argument id be like 'if it wasnt for me you wouldnt be here' etc- its quite fun :rofl:

someones gotta make the first move right
    LOL more power to you.

Of course - idgaf if you're a girl or a guy, it's completely irrelevant. If you like someone you go talk to them instead of having a princess mentality like all the girls on TSR "awww why dont guys like me or ask me out or approach me" because the world doesn't revolve around you *****

ReputationRep:
    Nah you should invest in a wheelchair

ReputationRep:
    I would be extremely suspicious if any girl approached me in this manner, but then that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    LOL more power to you.

Of course - idgaf if you're a girl or a guy, it's completely irrelevant. If you like someone you go talk to them instead of having a princess mentality like all the girls on TSR "awww why dont guys like me or ask me out or approach me" because the world doesn't revolve around you *****
    looool couldn't have worded it better myself!! i think people should just go for it, lifes too short

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.