Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can a girl take the first step? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys..what do u think about that when some random girl comes to you and start some random conversation or when she ask for number or any contact first? Do u like girls like that?
    And would you act different if some girl ask u in front of friends vs when u're alone? if yes, then how.
    I love girls that take the initiative if girls approach me first then that's a bonus in my eyes. Shows confidence and lack of insecurity on their part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    I love girls that take the initiative if girls approach me first then that's a bonus in my eyes. Shows confidence and lack of insecurity on their part.
    yyyeeessss!!! not alot of guys think like that, when i was on tinder, most guys where surprised that i messaged first, i was just like 'its not weird is it?!' and some were like 'oh i was gonna message anyway' yeeeahhh right smh :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    yyyeeessss!!! not alot of guys think like that, when i was on tinder, most guys where surprised that i messaged first, i was just like 'its not weird is it?!' and some were like 'oh i was gonna message anyway' yeeeahhh right smh :rofl:
    Wish more girls would take this approach times have changed guys shouldn't have to initiate everything. Some girls do make the first move though, but they tend to do it very passively e.g. Sliding in the dms etc.

ReputationRep:
    Wish more girls would take this approach times have changed guys shouldn't have to initiate everything. Some girls do make the first move though, but they tend to do it very passively e.g. Sliding in the dms etc.
    ngl i just and talk to them LMAO sliding into DMs is for the youths :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ngl i just and talk to them LMAO sliding into DMs is for the youths :rofl:
    Tell me about it this girl slid in my dm last week and said "lool aww u yesterday" How can I respond to that? :lol:

She saw me the night before and thought that would be a great convo starter needless to say the convo ended really quickly

These girls man think popping up is enough haha

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it this girl slid in my dm last week and said "lool aww u yesterday" How can I respond to that? :lol:

She saw me the night before and thought that would be a great convo starter needless to say the convo ended really quickly

These girls man think popping up is enough haha
    no way?!

you should have been like i saw me too lmao hahaha i mean some people are soooo bad with trying to carry a convo- sometimes small talk annoys me!!

i get that on insta- so many thirsty men smh

ReputationRep:
    no way?!

you should have been like i saw me too lmao hahaha i mean some people are soooo bad with trying to carry a convo- sometimes small talk annoys me!!

i get that on insta- so many thirsty men smh
    I should've ignored her tbh the whole conversation was pointless waste of time. I found it funny how she thought that putting in minimal effort would get her anywhere.

Haha I bet insta is full of em, enjoy

I should've ignored her tbh the whole conversation was pointless waste of time. I found it funny how she thought that putting in minimal effort would get her anywhere.

Haha, that's why I'm scared of the first step. xD Bcs I really don't know this boy. And I'm not the best person for starting some conversation. Even if the person is stranger.
    What if I say something weird. lol.

ReputationRep:

i mean as long as you put effort into the convo then it should flow!!

mate after todays post i was flooded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha, that's why I'm scared of the first step. xD Bcs I really don't know this boy. And I'm not the best person for starting some conversation. Even if the person is stranger.
    What if I say something weird. lol.
    Don't read into it too much just talk to him like you would to anyone else and things should flow naturally.

We will respond trust me.

i mean as long as you put effort into the convo then it should flow!!

mate after todays post i was flooded
    Exactly, a little bit of effort can go a long way!

That doesn't surprise haha the comments were hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Don't read into it too much just talk to him like you would to anyone else and things should flow naturally.

We will respond trust me.

Exactly, a little bit of effort can go a long way!

That doesn't surprise haha the comments were hilarious
    the comments were literally them roasting me for the lack of clothes FML :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    the comments were literally them roasting me for the lack of clothes FML :rofl:
    Haha I know, you do you gurl

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.