Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finally finished with my PS Watch

ReputationRep:
    After many hours and days thinking about and writing my PS, I finally finished it and it feels amazing! These past few weeks, it has been the bane of my life. Everywhere I went to, no matter what I did, I always thought about my PS.

Thinking back to the start of it where I couldn't get anything on paper and had this unexplainable fear of writing anything, I am glad it's over. I have every draft I made and when I look at the evolution of what I wrote, I have this sense of accomplishment. I am not exaggerating when I say that I never wrote anything as hard as this and I'm proud of my work.

How did you guys/gals feel when you first started the personal statement and when you finished it? Was it hard? How long did you take? And would you ever want to write something like that ever again?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VerAl1504)
    After many hours and days thinking about and writing my PS, I finally finished it and it feels amazing! These past few weeks, it has been the bane of my life. Everywhere I went to, no matter what I did, I always thought about my PS.

Thinking back to the start of it where I couldn't get anything on paper and had this unexplainable fear of writing anything, I am glad it's over. I have every draft I made and when I look at the evolution of what I wrote, I have this sense of accomplishment. I am not exaggerating when I say that I never wrote anything as hard as this and I'm proud of my work.

How did you guys/gals feel when you first started the personal statement and when you finished it? Was it hard? How long did you take? And would you ever want to write something like that ever again?
    Can hardly remember writing my PS 4 years ago, I guess I was disappointed that a teacher who reviewed my original draft removed a reference to a Spongebob society but I see it was for the best.

Have had to write cover letters which are similar-ish to personal statements and writing one is hard work, but I think the key thing to anything like this is to ask yourself 'so what?' after every line and see if you are presenting yourself in the best way possible, this was not something I knew for my PS but have since doing cover letters.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VerAl1504)

I wrote about one sentence per day, because I don't like writing. I didn't change anything, although a teacher suggested that I did. Honestly I just rambled on about pretentious nonsense, so it wasn't hard at all. No I wouldn't want to write anything like that again, but I'll have to write way more in the future anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I'm still working on mine atm and it's the worst :'D I have everything I need to include, I just need to make sure there's enough detail/that I stand out UGH.

ReputationRep:
    I knocked mine out in about half an hour, no stress, no drama. It's easier when you'e older.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.