A skin/acne question I have… Watch

emilynxlan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’ve had this thought in my head for a while and google has answered me so…
Say I had big, prominent pimples over my face that could be ready to pop, and as an attempt to get rid of them I put on a peel-able charcoal face mask or something similar. Other than ripping the head off the pimples and probably causing pain, what other things would happen? What would the consequences be to the skin/face?

It’s definitely something I wouldn’t want to ever try but if some miracle happened that meant you can put a mask on and clear skin forever I’d do it.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Poking and prodding at spots in all its forms, although incredibly tempting, is bad news. I reckon it leads to much of the scarring that remains after the acne has gone. I would advise against any over the shelf remedies if you have genuine difficult acne, ie not just the odd spot or two, and put pressure on to see a dermatologist if what the GP reccomends is not delivering.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Scarring
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise