Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this is my first post and I"m looking forward for the best answers from you. I just started my first undergraduate year of Accounting and Finance at university, and I feel like is not the course for me. To give you a little of my background studies, I have finished a BTEC Business course at college.

I was able to choose between many business related courses such as Management, International Business, Business Studies, Law, Human Resources Management, but I decided to do the Accounting and Finance course, as I believe that this one is the best out of the above choices. I am saying the best because of the different factors after graduation such as salary, the fact that you can easily find a job and so on.

Also, I want to mention that I'm not really into numeracy or anything related to maths, I have passed my maths GCSE's with C. Even though I'm not really interested in maths, I have chosen to study this subject, as I thought that I can handle it and overcome my weakness. I also want to include that some of the modules that I'm studying are Financial Accounting, Cost and Management Accounting and Financial skills and Numeracy.

The financial skills and numeracy module is giving me headaches mainly, as it is pure maths, which includes equations, formulas, algebra, which I was never able to understand or like it. This module is included only in the first year of the course, but I am still afraid that I might not pass it. The other two modules that I mentioned above are not as difficult as this one, but I still have issues with them as well.

I am interested if there is anyone who is in the year 2 or 3 of Accounting and Finance, and if you can tell me what are the module that you are studying, and what is the level of maths involved in the year 2 and 3 of Accounting and Finance.

Cheers

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.