Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am so overwhelmed ahhhhhhhh - distract me Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have so much going - well maybe not but in my mind it is HUGE and I feel overwhelmed to the point I want to punch my head so that EVERYTHING CAN BE KNOCKED OUT!! I have so much college work, assignments, write ups, UCAS :cry: personal statement - Don't even know what to do at university, parents' pressure, what people think, parents evening coming up, a ****ing chemistry test that the teacher is going to talk about at parents' evening, so much revision, feels like I am a whole year behind, mocks coming up and whatnot
    First time meeting with counselor and I am so anxious I feel sick and blurgh
    Wondering if I have depression, and if I have dyslexia and why I shake and it is none of that then what is it - I literally feel mental like I am about to lose my mind in a second ahhhhhhhhh do i even make sense
    Then the little things that come in the way like taking a shower, eating, sleeping, feeling discusting, moving, motivation, freedom, wanting air, just wanting OUT!! :argh: This is so much effort I honestly just want to drop myself on the floor and FORGET THE WORLD

Everything is floating in my head and it hurts like hell, I just want peace in there. That is all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LunaCat)
    I have so much going - well maybe not but in my mind it is HUGE and I feel overwhelmed to the point I want to punch my head so that EVERYTHING CAN BE KNOCKED OUT!! I have so much college work, assignments, write ups, UCAS :cry: personal statement - Don't even know what to do at university, parents' pressure, what people think, parents evening coming up, a ****ing chemistry test that the teacher is going to talk about at parents' evening, so much revision, feels like I am a whole year behind, mocks coming up and whatnot
    First time meeting with counselor and I am so anxious I feel sick and blurgh
    Wondering if I have depression, and if I have dyslexia and why I shake and it is none of that then what is it - I literally feel mental like I am about to lose my mind in a second ahhhhhhhhh do i even make sense
    Then the little things that come in the way like taking a shower, eating, sleeping, feeling discusting, moving, motivation, freedom, wanting air, just wanting OUT!! :argh: This is so much effort I honestly just want to drop myself on the floor and FORGET THE WORLD

Everything is floating in my head and it hurts like hell, I just want peace in there. That is all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
    :hugs: "This too shall pass".
    No matter what is going on you will make it through. All things pass and that includes all this. Take things one step at a time. You'll be feeling better soon enough. It's a process, but you'll get there.

For now, sit down with a comfy blanket and a yummy drink, ignore the world and watch cute red panda videos.

Oh and if you ever want to vent there are sites like childline and sane.og that have online chat services and you can always type something out in a word doc then delete it

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, I can't completely understand your situation and everything you are going through. But I also want to just remind you that EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY IN THE END. Whatever you do with your life now will be okay. Whoever you decide to be, wherever you choose to go with your life will turn out absolutely fine.
    There is no wrong way of doing life - if things are stressing you out at school try to find the root of it all. Write a list of things you need to do (this always seems painful to look at first but try it), then write out dates of when you need each thing to be done by with reasonable targets. Prioritise things, but don't forget to live a little.
    A Levels are super stress inducing - (I know I'm in year 13 too lol; and I've had many a breakdown in school, with the same unfortunate teacher lol)
    Do you have anything that helps you take your mind off of things? Reading? Playing an instrument? Doing exercise? Even just having a long bath if you are feeling particularly crap (this helps, thinking and breathing time is so necessary).
    To tackle other things that are giving you anxiety/stress right now; Parents Evening is not a worry or shouldn't be, teachers will only ever say what they think you can do to improve how you do this year, they are not there to shout at you for a one time test.
    I know it seems impossible right now, but try to put all this in perspective. Think about how you will feel after that last exam... you will get there!!
    Hope you are okay
    Here to talk if you need it! (Currently procrastinating big time, I have three NEAs I should be writing in for Monday...)

ReputationRep:
    LISTS!!!! Write a list of everything you need done by the end of the week, and then break it down day by day. Do this every week until things have calmed down a bit. Trust me having it all written down in front of you seems to make it seem much more manageable and in control
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This feeling is completely normal. Literally every single person in the world will feel like this at some point. The most important thing you need to do is find a coping method. That's what can stop this feeling from turning into an illness like depression or anxiety. My coping methods, for example, are listening to music and going jogging. I need that kind of sensory stimulation to stop my mind from overthinking. Jogging works like a form of meditation for me because I listen to music while I'm jogging and put my focus on the music. I can't think about any of my issues because I'm so focused on my music and my breathing (inhale through nose, exhale through mouth). Diaphragmatic breathing is good for relaxation. It's what a lot of people do during meditation. If you're anything like me and you can't sit down in one place for more than 5 minutes then doing that breathing during exercise is an excellent alternative.

Prioritise your work load. Do whichever has a deadline fast approaching which you can't change. With assignments, speak to your teachers and ask them for an extension. Tell them you're struggling and you need extra time because you feel like you can't cope with the pressures of everything coming at once. They'll understand. It's better you tell them the truth than fail without looking for any help. Be open about your struggles. It'll make your life so much easier because people are willing to help. Only a minority will prove themselves to be useless douchebag shits who won't understand, but they are a minority.

You're not alone. It's such a cliche, but the more you learn about yourself, the more you see your issues in other people. Humans are carbon copies of each other. This is especially obvious when you see people suffer. The only thing that really differentiates people is the coping mechanisms. Learn to cope with your issues. If you let yourself indulge in them then you'll suffer as a result. Some people will tell you it's okay to feel like this. It isn't. Telling yourself it's okay to feel **** is like telling an alcohol addict that it's okay to drink. While it is okay to feel **** sometimes, don't let yourself start thinking that it's okay to feel **** permanently. It isn't.

Turn your negative experiences into something positive. Your reaction to your issues are more important than the issues themselves. If you feel like your suffering, teach yourself to cope. Accept the fact that all of this will enable you to grow and to change in a good way if you let it. You can become so much stronger if you allow yourself to. All you have to do to light that flame is to find a good way to cope. For a lot of people exercise does that, so if you don't work out at the moment, then start doing that. It can change everything.

One last thing:

Listen to that whenever you feel like you need a moment to breathe. Download it, keep it on your phone. A study was done to prove that it can slow your heart rate which will help you relax. Use that as your last resort if you feel like nothing else is working.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for the advice everyone, much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by del1rious)
    LISTS!!!! Write a list of everything you need done by the end of the week, and then break it down day by day. Do this every week until things have calmed down a bit. Trust me having it all written down in front of you seems to make it seem much more manageable and in control
    I know what you mean but writing it down doesn not help because somtimes it gets so long that it seems to weigh more...
    And it is a waste of time because I never ever use that list again

ReputationRep:
    Take a day out to just relax! Your stressing hard and sometimes you need to spend a day relaxing and just calming before you can start in stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.