Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of the police? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My brother has just started as a PC and from some of what he has told me its made me think differently about the police and all they do.

I hated the police when I was younger because I got into fights and trouble when I was drunk and ended up in Young Offenders for GBH.

When he told me he was applying I laughed at him and thought he might not get in because of my record. I get on well with him but wasn't too happy about having a copper in the family. But from the few things he's told me I've heard another side of them and things he has done it's made me think differently. Maybe it's because I've grown up to.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the police. I want to work along side the police in the future. You may not see it- but they are important. True, some police officers can be *******s. But overall, it's due to them.and the laws they enfore that society is able to function more smoothly. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. However, congratulations to your brother becoming a PC!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Never had any problems with police. In fact, one of my youth group leaders was a cop and he was a great guy. He did a lot of great stuff for me/ my group and our group also did a lot of helpful stuff for the community which I like to think helped with the whole youth stereotype thing.
    So yeah no issues with police in general and thing but positives with police as people.
    Thank goodness, cos living near an airport half the cops I see have massive guns! :lol:

Obviously that's just me and the people I've known though. I'm totally aware that some cops will be asses and that not everything cops do is great.

ReputationRep:
    **** THE POLICE!

just kidding. 😄 I dated a cop 😶

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl18)
    My brother has just started as a PC and from some of what he has told me its made me think differently about the police and all they do.

I hated the police when I was younger because I got into fights and trouble when I was drunk and ended up in Young Offenders for GBH.

When he told me he was applying I laughed at him and thought he might not get in because of my record. I get on well with him but wasn't too happy about having a copper in the family. But from the few things he's told me I've heard another side of them and things he has done it's made me think differently. Maybe it's because I've grown up to.
    In the back of my mind the media has corrupted the thought that police aren't the people i feel when i walk around to protect me, i feel rather paranoid rather tan protected but thank god the rational part of me says there's no evidence that i've personally experienced to say otherwise

ReputationRep:
    80s pop band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt Queen)
    **** THE POLICE!

just kidding. 😄 I dated a cop 😶
    So you quite literally did **** the police.

ReputationRep:

West Midlands Police are ******s at football matches but alright otherwise. I got batoned on Sunday at Blues Villa for looking at the away fans car park despite them not being allowed to be let out the stadium for 2 hrs. Put it this way i would allow that female officer to arrest me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    So you quite literally did **** the police.
    😂😂 how did I know you'd say that...

But who said we had sex??...

Spoiler:
    Show

Yea and I wore handcuffs lol jk

ReputationRep:
    police are pigs and your brother is a class traitor

ReputationRep:
    I've watched too many videos and heard too many stories of cops lying or using excessive force. They end up getting away with it too which is the most frustrating thing. Anyway that has kind of warped my perception of the police...I've never committed a crime in my life but i get paranoid and nervous whenever i see a cop. To me they just look like bullies with special privileges.

ReputationRep:
    Necessary evil. Had lots of negative experiences and only a few positive ones.

ReputationRep:
    Law enforcement is very important for a country like the UK.(A country in which 7/10 of my neighbors sell weed but if I carry a knife I will get locked up into the deepest cell 50 m in the earth). There are so many different cultures and races here that only the elimination of violence (even at it's most ridiculous degree) is crucial for keeping the society stable.

P.S. police officers in the UK are in my opinion great compared to my country's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnakePlissken)
    police are pigs and your brother is a class traitor
    Nice. Wonder what you would call me if I told you I was joining the Army.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. Wonder what you would call me if I told you I was joining the Army.
    The army is hardly respectable, certainly worse than the police.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't stand so close to me.

ReputationRep:
    They can be thick shits sometimes.

Today at work I heard on our security/police radio thing that police were looking for a shoplifter - black leggings, black boots, short hair, dark skin, black handbag. That was the description. They basically described me. I have rather light skin for my race, but skill, dark compared to white people. (For the record, it wasn't me because I'd been at work all morning/early afternoon.) During my break I went shopping. I purposely left my handbag because I knew I'd get followed. I was wearing cardy/knitted Uggs and an oversized jumper. I look like a chav when I dress comfortably so I'm used to being followed by security when I'm shopping. I went into Wilkinsons and stared at rugs and paint for 40 minutes (couldn't decide if I should do my walls yellow or pink - it's a life changing decision). For most of that time local security and police were following me around the store. Dumb shits. What do they think I'm going to do - hide a ****ing rug in one pocket while the other pocket holds two 2.5l cans of paint?! My own damn phone can't fit in my flipping pocket. I even had the keys to my workplace on a bright lanyard with my name and the name of my job written on a badge pinned to the lanyard which was hanging down from my neck so that they knew that I'm not concealing my identity. I have never ever seen such stupidity in my life.

ReputationRep:
    everyone hates them... until they need protecting by them

ReputationRep:
    They are the ultimate party poopers.

Police officers are great people.

It is the higher ups I don't trust.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.