The Student Room Group

Personal statement help please!!!

Next year I will be moving sixth forms and my choice of sixth forms are very ambitious and therefore competitive so I have to write a personal statement that will make me stand out from the others.

I have done quite a few thing thought my school life such:

Joining the leadership academy and gaining a award,being part of the Oxbridge program, joining a range of clubs such as tennis, basketball, cross country, art and athletics. I also joined a Harrier group outside of school for about a year but I thought this was a bit irrelevant. I have volunteered many times to help with open evenings at my school etc, and have an overall 100% attendance and punctuation.

The subjects I wish to take for a levels are maths, chemistry, biology and English lit or art. I want to go into a medical or science field at uni.

Can anyone give me tips and advice on how to write a personal statement, what to include and what not to include? Thank you!
Original post by Andreea0202
Next year I will be moving sixth forms and my choice of sixth forms are very ambitious and therefore competitive so I have to write a personal statement that will make me stand out from the others.

Joining the leadership academy and gaining a award,being part of the Oxbridge program, joining a range of clubs such as tennis, basketball, cross country, art and athletics. I also joined a Harrier group outside of school for about a year but I thought this was a bit irrelevant. I have volunteered many times to help with open evenings at my school etc, and have an overall 100% attendance and punctuation.

The subjects I wish to take for a levels are maths, chemistry, biology and English lit or art. I want to go into a medical or science field at uni.

Can anyone give me tips and advice on how to write a personal statement, what to include and what not to include? Thank you!

you're i year 11 worrying about PS?

Spoiler

Honestly chill...
I actually thought this was about a UCAS PS till I read the sixth form part. 👀 by the time you get to the UCAS stage you're gonna have lots to write about, good luck👌🏽 you've already got enough to get into sixth form 👏🏽
Original post by Andreea0202

Hi :smile:

It sounds like you have more than enough content to put in your PS for Sixth Form so please don't worry yourself too much.
All of the above that you have posted here is great to put on your PS and It is excellent that you have all this experience and additional things. You may want to demonstrate the transferable skills you have gained from all this i.e. time management, prioritization, organization or communication skills.

You should definitely mention all extra curriculum activities like the Harrier group, it is all an example of how you manage you time and commitments.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your applications for Sixth Form.

Ruth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending