Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Year 10 Revision :) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I'm just wondering how my revision people in Year 10 do. I would really like to get straight 8/9s in my GCSE, so I'm trying to revise. Normally every two or three days I have a revision session of 2-3 hours but normally I just end up doing some homework on the other days. How much do you guys in year 10 do per day and how are you all feeling about GCSE? Best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    When I was in year 10 I worked my ass off at and after school and then had friday,saturday and sunday off. GCSEs are alright. Just remember as much as you can and you will do great. Revising 2/3 hours every few days in year 10 is a great way to do things.
    best of luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Since don't do much revision at all, even before tests. Before end of years I'm probably going to dip a bit more but I do ok anyway. That sounds like loss of revision for the beginning of yr 10, that's a stretch for nee just before end of years. You sound really dedicated to you're grades so you should be fine.

Try not to work all the time, relax as well! Do you have any hobbits or sports? I find sport helps me think if I do it an hour/ 2 hours before a revision session.
    I think I'm quite relaxed about GASEs because I am getting grade 7/8s now so I think I should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    When I was in year 10 I didn't revise everyday. I feel that it is a bit excessive to revise every single day. Enjoy life and take advantage of this year as next year will be a very important year. Maybe instead of revising everyday, you can re-read your notes after each lesson and if your the type of person who makes extra notes for revision later, make them as you go along when you finish each topic (this also helps with end of topic tests). Also you can watch summary videos of the topics you have just completed at school on YouTube. I would suggest only revise solidly if you have exams or tests coming up, other than that don't stress yourself out too much and focus on understanding the work rather than revising now because in a year you will definitely have forgotten most things.

ReputationRep:
    I did no revision at all in year ten apart from a tiny bit in history as I found it really dense -I did mindmaps for half the book and then gave up lol- and now I'm in year eleven and two months have already past, and I've only just got a plan on how I'm going to revise for everything, and I'm only doing 1 hour and a half per subject per week for now, so don't stress.

I only really got serious about revision as I realized that the end of the year -2017- is near and next year will be very stressful if I do nothing now. Also we're having mocks after the Xmas holidays so I want to be prepared for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxcherryzxx)
    When I was in year 10 I worked my ass off at and after school and then had friday,saturday and sunday off. GCSEs are alright. Just remember as much as you can and you will do great. Revising 2/3 hours every few days in year 10 is a great way to do things.
    best of luck!
    Thank you for your reply What year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HockeyTilly)
    Since don't do much revision at all, even before tests. Before end of years I'm probably going to dip a bit more but I do ok anyway. That sounds like loss of revision for the beginning of yr 10, that's a stretch for nee just before end of years. You sound really dedicated to you're grades so you should be fine.

Try not to work all the time, relax as well! Do you have any hobbits or sports? I find sport helps me think if I do it an hour/ 2 hours before a revision session.
    I think I'm quite relaxed about GASEs because I am getting grade 7/8s now so I think I should be fine!
    Hiya Thank you for replying. I like doing art however I have not done it as often lately but I'm trying. 7/8s are really good! Keep up the good work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaels.x)
    When I was in year 10 I didn't revise everyday. I feel that it is a bit excessive to revise every single day. Enjoy life and take advantage of this year as next year will be a very important year. Maybe instead of revising everyday, you can re-read your notes after each lesson and if your the type of person who makes extra notes for revision later, make them as you go along when you finish each topic (this also helps with end of topic tests). Also you can watch summary videos of the topics you have just completed at school on YouTube. I would suggest only revise solidly if you have exams or tests coming up, other than that don't stress yourself out too much and focus on understanding the work rather than revising now because in a year you will definitely have forgotten most things.
    Thank you! How did you find your GCSES?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KawaiiArtist)
    I did no revision at all in year ten apart from a tiny bit in history as I found it really dense -I did mindmaps for half the book and then gave up lol- and now I'm in year eleven and two months have already past, and I've only just got a plan on how I'm going to revise for everything, and I'm only doing 1 hour and a half per subject per week for now, so don't stress.

I only really got serious about revision as I realized that the end of the year -2017- is near and next year will be very stressful if I do nothing now. Also we're having mocks after the Xmas holidays so I want to be prepared for them.

Thank you for your reply Good luck for your mocks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malayaleemuthe)
    Thank you! How did you find your GCSES?
    I'm still in year 11 but expected grades mostly 8s and 9s apart from a 7 in a few but I'm still working on that xx

ReputationRep:
    i’m in year 10 and not revising much at this stage, only for tests, but i’m actively making notes and resources

obviously towards the end of the year i’m probably going to ramp up the revision but i don’t want to throw away my freedom just yet haha!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.