Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey. I've been friends with this guy for over a year, we wasn't close at first but then we started talking more and began talking every single day. We have gone on nights out together previously with other friends and we both class each other as best friends. Well not long ago I went out with him on my own just to hang out, that day he was very flirty e. g. Touching me a lot and saying flirty things. He has a girlfriend, and at the time I was in a relationship.I have recently ended the relationship itwasn't very positive and we are always arguing so it was for the best- the guy even helped me with this and said i shouldn't be with her anymore. Recently I have been on Another night out with him and I got very drunk and I got very confident, me and him was alone together and I was going to kiss him but remembered he had a girlfriend (I'd never do that to anyone else) so I moved away but I could tell by his face that he wanted me to and he didn't even try to push me away, then not long later we was both talking about if we would have sex with each other I said I would have sex with him if he didn't have a girlfriend then he replied with 'I've got something to look forward to then' he wasn't even drunk. The next day when I woke up and remembered everything I felt dreadful because I'd never intentionally flirt with someone else's boyfriend so I said sorry to him and he said 'what for?' And we basically admited to each other that we both meant it that night and that we both wanted to have sex with each other, he said that we should ask each other questions and we should both answer and most of the questions were stuff about us both e.g. 'how long have you felt like this' questions like that really. After this we carried on talking like normal but for the past 2 weeks he has been distant and not talking to me everyday we both usually start conversations with each other but recently it's just been me and when the conversations happen it's not the same. I've asked him if anything is wrong and he said no and I've also said to him that I feel so bad about the night and he said totally forgives me. I don't know what to do now? I don't want to lose him as a friend as we are so close. Please can someone help

ReputationRep:
    I think the likelihood is that e is scared of the consequences that could happen. He probably doesn't want his girlfriend to find out but the chances are he has feelings for you too, and doesn't want them to get much worse because he's in what appears to be a reasonably stable relationship and doesn't want to mess it up. If I were you I'd just tell him honestly how you feel and the chances are if he doesn't accept that then he's not someone you should want in your life. But if I'm honest he will probably and hopefully understand. Hope this helps xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Bells Scott)
    I think the likelihood is that e is scared of the consequences that could happen. He probably doesn't want his girlfriend to find out but the chances are he has feelings for you too, and doesn't want them to get much worse because he's in what appears to be a reasonably stable relationship and doesn't want to mess it up. If I were you I'd just tell him honestly how you feel and the chances are if he doesn't accept that then he's not someone you should want in your life. But if I'm honest he will probably and hopefully understand. Hope this helps xx
    Yeah I thought that as well, I'm not sure if he truly likes me or he just wants to have sex with me. His relationship isn't very good at the moment they both argue a lot and he says that they don't have sex much. Thank you for the advice xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.