Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

yesterday i went out for drinks with a guy i met at a social, i thought it went really well, we spoke about a lot of things and we ended up going to his place and just chilled on his bed and made out a lot lol, he also wanted to have sex but i wasn't ready so, which he was fine with. He said things like "i'm glad i met you", "we connect really well" "you're so cute" but idk i think he's probably said things like that to his last gf's so i doubt it means much. He then walked me to the bus stop and we hugged and he kissed me goodbye when my bus arrived. I was gonna say that we should meet up next week but because i was in a hurry to get on the bus i didn't get the chance, he hasn't messaged me since the meet up so i'm worried i scared him off? :/ idk if it was because i didn't want to have sex just yet...and that leads onto another question i have, if he wanted to have sex on the first date then is really interested in a relationship? i'm thinking of messaging him to ask if he wants to hang out again but idk if i should just wait a bit longer? i can't see him on the weekends anyways since i go home after uni and he knows that....idk guys what do you think pls? did he just want to have sex with me or does he actually like me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i'm thinking of messaging him to ask if he wants to hang out again but idk if i should just wait a bit longer?
    Don't see the point in waiting to ask lol. He might end up making other plans if you wait ages.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Don't see the point in waiting to ask lol. He might end up making other plans if you wait ages.
    hmm ok :/

ReputationRep:
    Just text him!!!! On the flip side if he really is being off with you because you didn’t want to have sex then you have dodged a bullet.

It sounds like you had a really nice time together so it would be a shame to not at least make an effort
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If i was the guy, after what happened i would want to make sure the relationship goes at a pace your comfortable with so would hold back texting you and wait for you to text me whenever you were ready. >_< Not sure if that's what he's thinking...but it might be. Anyway you should try texting him and see

(Original post by del1rious)
    Just text him!!!! On the flip side if he really is being off with you because you didn’t want to have sex then you have dodged a bullet.

It sounds like you had a really nice time together so it would be a shame to not at least make an effort
    that's a good point, i'll text him soon

(Original post by Froppy)
    If i was the guy, after what happened i would want to make sure the relationship goes at a pace your comfortable with so would hold back texting you and wait for you to text me whenever you were ready. >_< Not sure if that's what he's thinking...but it might be. Anyway you should try texting him and see
    looks like the majority wants me to text him back first, defo gonna try, guess i won't have much to lose

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Some people will shag on a first date and still want a relationship. It's not always the case that sex early = binned off.

(Original post by gjd800)
    Some people will shag on a first date and still want a relationship. It's not always the case that sex early = binned off.
    thank u for your response, i'll defo make some effort to see where this goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank u for your response, i'll defo make some effort to see where this goes
    Just worth bearing in mind. Having expectations one way or the other will probably lead to disappointment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.