Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I raise money ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Next year in July I will be taking a trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica for volunteering as well as trekking. However, in the interim I have to raise £4500 which is a lot of money. Does anyone have any realistic ideas on how I can raise this money. I am 15 currently so it's very difficult for me to find a job and also I don't mind holding big events but I'm not the greatest planner and they're very difficult as well as expensive to organise and hold. - thanks for the help
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaels.x)
    Next year in July I will be taking a trip to Nicaragua and Costa Rica for volunteering as well as trekking. However, in the interim I have to raise £4500 which is a lot of money. Does anyone have any realistic ideas on how I can raise this money. I am 15 currently so it's very difficult for me to find a job and also I don't mind holding big events but I'm not the greatest planner and they're very difficult as well as expensive to organise and hold. - thanks for the help
    Is the £4500 the money it'll cost for the trip or for donations? If it's for the funding said trip, are you doing it through some volunteering agency?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a GoFundMe could work? Contact some news agents to share the news tjat you need help with expenses?

A bit better than continuous bake sales 😂

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BDunlop)
    Is the £4500 the money it'll cost for the trip or for donations? If it's for the funding said trip, are you doing it through some volunteering agency?
    £4500 covers the cost of the trip (e.g flights, food etc.) and yes I am doing it through a company called world challenge- it's kindof like a massive version of d of e just so much more expensive and obviously abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Maybe a GoFundMe could work? Contact some news agents to share the news tjat you need help with expenses?

A bit better than continuous bake sales 😂

Good luck.
    Thank you for the advice xx I have tried to fund me previously but I currently have £0 😂😂 however, I will try and contact some news agents and ask for help xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.