Turn on thread page Beta

Model agency has a right to ask for money or not? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering cause I received a call from one model agency, and after we talking he ask me to pay for some pics, as they are agency and so on!!!he mentioned that they have studio and everything I am just paying for photographer.
    I was applying for some modelling two days before I received a call from them,but I am not sure is this right or not? And do I have to pay or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norman1020)
    I was wondering cause I received a call from one model agency, and after we talking he ask me to pay for some pics, as they are agency and so on!!!he mentioned that they have studio and everything I am just paying for photographer.
    I was applying for some modelling two days before I received a call from them,but I am not sure is this right or not? And do I have to pay or not?
    It's a scam. Don't bother. A genuine modelling agency will never ask you for money. You haven't signed a contract, they can't do anything.

ReputationRep:
    is this 'London fashion models' by any chance? Anyhow, DO NOT pay any money, as it's a scam. REAL model agency NEVER asks you to pay for anything, as they cover all of your expenses.

There's an entire thread lurking about somewhere on TSR in regards to London Fashion Models, and these other fake model agencies asking people to pay odd prices for their 'portfolios'
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Scam. Do not pay.

Look on this forum for model agencies and you will see many examples of scammers asking for money.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard of front line models Margaret street London?? Any info much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Don't give them a penny, they are probably some disreputable outfit who will send your pics to third parties and charge you an agency fee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dod45)
    Has anyone heard of front line models Margaret street London?? Any info much appreciated
    Scam

ReputationRep:
    yes I was at there photo studio in Margaret street with my granddaughter, they said they would get work for her and id hear from agencies in two weeks and got me to pay £150 deposit ,and we agreed to pay £117 pound direct debit for the next 3 months till the £500 is paid for her portfolio and then I get the photographs via email ? they said that I had to buy the portfolio and they keep her on the books and promote her ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladygaga101)
    yes I was at there photo studio in Margaret street with my granddaughter, they said they would get work for her and id hear from agencies in two weeks and got me to pay £150 deposit ,and we agreed to pay £117 pound direct debit for the next 3 months till the £500 is paid for her portfolio and then I get the photographs via email ? they said that I had to buy the portfolio and they keep her on the books and promote her ???
    I cancelled the appt I had for my daughter, they asked for £50 deposit which I paid asked her to bring some changes of clothes, but had doubts so looked on line and decided it was just a con to get money for photos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dod45)
    I cancelled the appt I had for my daughter, they asked for £50 deposit which I paid asked her to bring some changes of clothes, but had doubts so looked on line and decided it was just a con to get money for photos
    Hope you cancelled the card u paid deposit on...someone else it happened to ended up paying for a holiday she knew nothing about. Litrelly frauding out of thousands for work that isnt there

Hop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broken7003)
    Hope you cancelled the card u paid deposit on...someone else it happened to ended up paying for a holiday she knew nothing about. Litrelly frauding out of thousands for work that isnt there

Hop
    Yes card was cancelled the next day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dod45)
    Yes card was cancelled the next day
    So if you want to join the other victims, we have got a solicitor and lots of evidence n are filing for compensation email me [email protected] and will join u to group chat x

ReputationRep:
    Scam this has happened to me time and time again. I'll always do research and ask for advice before I even bother attending any photo shoot or interview. Never pay for anything.

ReputationRep:
    What about total model management are they legit because they are asking me 100 for my child to be represented by them 😩

ReputationRep:
    do not pay any cash upfront ..its more than likely a scam

ReputationRep:
    Hi, please has anyone heard anything on The Fashion Lounge Devonshire Place Mews? And bad experiences? I applied there and I was asked to pay £1000 for my portfolio before getting a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    It's a scam. Don't bother. A genuine modelling agency will never ask you for money. You haven't signed a contract, they can't do anything.
    these are terrible agencies

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.