The Student Room Group

Do you have "one that got away?"

I do. It would be comforting to know that others have been through the same, somehow. Please tell me your story.

In short: We met and instantly clicked. After several months of casually dating he left to travel for 6 months - during that time he chose not to contact me at all and that really hurt. He came back from his travels and wanted to meet up with me. I was delighted. So we met up and reconnected, then slept together. However, it seems sex was all he really wanted, so I ended it with him, angrily.

That was six months ago and we haven't spoken. I know he wasn't right for me but I still think of him often.
Reply 1
I did do, or so I thought. We eventually got together, 10 years later. It was in the end terrible for both of us, and so ended the 'one that got away' myth for me, haha. And for her, actually!
Yes in summer 2014 I met my soul mate but he was perfect and white so I sabotaged it completely with psychotic behaviour and in September 2014 he cut off contact, called me insane and went months with no contact. I cried the entire time on the outside and inside it was really bad. Sometime around New year's he forgave me and then I ruined it again lol so in August 2015 we stopped speaking and haven't spoken since!!

I've been a hot mess princess since then 👸.
Well it wasn't summer. Like...April 2014 😶 we spoke for 20 hours straight once aside from bathroom breaks and to make tea and he looked like Justin Timberlake in Rock Your Body 😭😭 I'm so stupid I don't deserve anyone!! I'm sorry Sean wherever you are!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending