Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi all,

Basically recently I've been feeling a bit weird as I've lost a friendship with a guy who was quite close to me. Also recently been feeling quite lonely since a lot of my friends all have boyfriends or get with guys etc and I don't seem to. I think a guy I met last year a couple of times is interested in me, but I haven't seen him for ages but I think hes quite cute and seems like a nice guy. I don't know whether to pursue this as he seems nice and stuff - don't know if im fully attracted to him but then again, its hard to find someone who you are fully attracted to in both looks and personality. Any advice or thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should meet with him again. Just talk to him and see how you feel afterwards. It really depends if you are looking for a long time relationship or not and also what he is looking for as well. If you really want something that's going to last a while you need to communicate more. Just talking to someone about the way you feel or your interests can build a strong connection.

People believe that opposites attract but it's really our similarities that bring us together so try and find something you have in common with them.

those were just some thoughts.

(Original post by KyleHD)
    Maybe you should meet with him again. Just talk to him and see how you feel afterwards. It really depends if you are looking for a long time relationship or not and also what he is looking for as well. If you really want something that's going to last a while you need to communicate more. Just talking to someone about the way you feel or your interests can build a strong connection.

People believe that opposites attract but it's really our similarities that bring us together so try and find something you have in common with them.

those were just some thoughts.
    Thanks so much! thats very helpful problem is i dont see him much as hes a friend of a friend so i guess it just depends on whether there is a way we could meet again maybe if someone has a get together or party or something i will see him again

ReputationRep:
    First of all make sure that this guy is someone you actually would like to get to know better. Don't use him or waste either of your time if you're not sure.

But if you decide he is worth pursuing then I suggest you go back to your mutual friend and just say 'You know I've been thinking about ________'. Maybe discuss him and what is going on w/ him recently then just be honest with your friend that you'd like to meet up with him. Maybe your friend would help set up a party or perhaps that friend will tell you that guy is now seeing someone (well, you'd know then). Don't be afraid to turn to a friend and share your interest in someone usually friends will help you out if they can. If you already know the guy and you think he'll remember you then why don't you just text him. I definitely understand what it feels like to seemingly have all your friends in a relationship but its important that you find someone who is a match with you. You don't want to lead someone on and it isn't fair to that person to be make the decision to be with you when really all they are is just someone available right now.....basically just better than nothing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.