The Student Room Group

Is it rape if I said no but didn't physically push him away?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElAshtonio
Yes, I am; what's worse? Getting pinned to the ground and raped with no escape or just saying "No, I don't want to" without trying to escape?

There's this thing called fear.
Original post by yudothis
I will gladly take a warning for this but you ****ing *******.

What kind *****y comment is this?

😂😂😂😂😂
Original post by Tiger Rag
There's this thing called fear.

😂😂 why'd you say it like that! And I understand being afraid. But I've been in assault situations and beat each of their asses. I think women have to stop being afraid of these little boys called men.
Reply 23
In my opinion it is because you said no and you did not give him consent.
Potentially.
Original post by Salt Queen
😂😂 why'd you say it like that! And I understand being afraid. But I've been in assault situations and beat each of their asses. I think women have to stop being afraid of these little boys called men.

And there are many women who have fought back and been hospitalised because of it. Generally, those little boys are physically stronger than the women they are assaulting and it is quite reasonable to be fearful, indeed even petrified.
Original post by Lutaylor00000
Hi,
There was an incident with my ex boyfriend and I still feel dirty but I don't know it's for the right reasons. I have been raped in the past, when I was younger and this felt the same but it didn't happen the same.
We were fooling around and I said about 5 times that I didn't want to go all the way but he did it anyway and I didn't realise he was going g to but I didn't push him away.
I feel like I need to talk to someone but I don't want to make it a big deal if it isn't. We talked about it and he cried and said sorry but everyday I feel worse and Im at a point where I really don't feel anything anymore

That's rape, you need to talk to someone, anyone you can trust. You need to allow yourself time to heal too :frown:
Hi,
There was an incident with my ex boyfriend and I still feel dirty but I don't know it's for the right reasons. I have been raped in the past, when I was younger and this felt the same but it didn't happen the same.
We were fooling around and I said about 5 times that I didn't want to go all the way but he did it anyway and I didn't realise he was going g to but I didn't push him away.
I feel like I need to talk to someone but I don't want to make it a big deal if it isn't. We talked about it and he cried and said sorry but everyday I feel worse and Im at a point where I really don't feel anything anymore

Have tried going to counseling? You need professional help in order to recover from this ordeal. It's not easy but I guarantee you that with the right type of mental help, you will be able to move on.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
And there are many women who have fought back and been hospitalised because of it. Generally, those little boys are physically stronger than the women they are assaulting and it is quite reasonable to be fearful, indeed even petrified.

Don't yell at me :hugs:
Original post by ElAshtonio
Yes, I am; what's worse? Getting pinned to the ground and raped with no escape or just saying "No, I don't want to" without trying to escape?

Call me an as*hole all you want but this is my opinion.

Let's hope one day you experience both situations and then you can make that judgment and see if you still hold that opinion :wink:
Hi,

Hi there. There is a lot of support available for you to cope with this situation. If you don't wish to go to the police then there are other places you can go to.

You can go to The Havens who can offer you advice, tests, and counselling and emotional support.
https://www.thehavens.org.uk/how-we-can-help/

You can also go to Victim Support who can offer you emotional support.
https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/

It is important to remember that you do have control over whether you wish to stay in contact with your ex or not. You can delete his number and sever all contact with him. If he persists in stalking you, you can also consider getting a restraining order.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending