The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Should I transfer Uni to hopefully achieve better grade?

Long story short, I study mathematics at uni, and it is a high ranked uni, and I'm finding the course quite challenging. Everyone on my course is extremely able in ability, and the fact that they have taken further maths while I didn't, has further disadvantaged me, anyway, I believe that if I work hard, like with anything, I could achieve a good grade, most likely a 2:1 as I don't believe a first is likely personally, however I was talking to a friend who is in their 3rd year of maths at another uni (im in first), and we were discussing the course, and she mentioned that some of the topics that I am covering, she didn't cover until 2nd year, so basically, I'm asking, in your opinion, what do you consider more important, should I transfer to a lower ranked uni where hopefully I will be able to get a better grade in addition to being higher ranked against my peers (I heard when employees ask for a reference, they specially ask how you ranked against your peers e.g where you top 5% of class etc.) or should I stay at my higher Russell group uni, where I would be likely to get a lower grade at the end.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending