Turn on thread page Beta

Opinion on Mathematics watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it helps me to integrate with other people
    It also help differentiate the bad ones from the good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    It also help differentiate the bad ones from the good.
    :teehee:

that strikes a chord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonechka)
    now here I am doing further maths
    after much harassment
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _gcx)
    after much harassment
    I was going to do it anyway to impress you

ReputationRep:

that strikes a chord.
    Do you prefer to use bearycentric coordinates or just the bear necessities/axioms and Euclidean methods in geometry problems?

ReputationRep:

that strikes a chord.
    Yep, to some degree it gets to the root of the problem.

[My teaching groups love my puns]

ReputationRep:
    I quite like it and I'm studying it at university. Used to hate it at school though.

I love how you can pretty much apply it to other subjects, and situations in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J843126028)
    Do you prefer to use bearycentric coordinates or just the bear necessities/axioms and Euclidean methods in geometry problems?

:toofunny:

i think you are projecting...

ReputationRep:
    just the bear necessities
    thanks now I've got this in my head
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I love it! Mostly because there is generally only one correct answer

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:

i think you are projecting...
    At least I haven't inverted the diagram...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    i mean no disrespec but i no calculators who solves maths n stuff much more faster than math nerds

maths is just there to make nerds feel happy
    yeeee because ur kalculator c4n s0olve all ur maffs problams and dose kalclators n firmware n s0ftwere waz made magikically and totally nat by mathematficians or computah seeontists dat r gut at meffs

ReputationRep:
    I only really started enjoying only when I put effort into the subject.

I've always been good at maths but until year 12 I didn't really take it seriously along with the rest of my subjects, which meant really average/poor grades at GCSE.

I wasn't supposed to be allowed to do further maths because I only got an A at GCSE, but since the teacher had taught me previously and knew I was good, she allowed me to take the course.

It was only about 3/4 of the way through that I became serious in my studies, and I actually ended up enjoying maths, rather than just doing it because I had to. I enjoyed the satisfaction of getting questions right and going over ones I did badly at. Even if I am a bit lazy and sometimes use online answers or friends (I am still really lazy), I never put an answer down unless I 100% understand what is going on.
    Maths is in everything, which is probably why I love it now.

ReputationRep:
    For non-brainlets.

ReputationRep:
    At least I haven't inverted the diagram...
    perhaps you have, on reflection

SWIDT ?

ReputationRep:
    i reached a turning point after things had gone downhill.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you have, on reflection

SWIDT ?
    I had done a (p+l)(a+n) to make more puns, but my pa+pn+la+ln was foiled because I couldn't think of any more.

ReputationRep:
    I had done a (p+l)(a+n) to make more puns, but my pa+pn+la+ln was foiled because I couldn't think of any more.
    please expand

ReputationRep:
    please expand
    Well, I tried to graph (p+l)(a+n) and I tried expanded it, but then I foiled my own plan. Then I messed up by not even labelling my axes when I tried to graph my (foiled) plan and I ended up making an axe out of foil. I couldn't integrate this and I accidentally differentiated my plan, making it into long, infinitesimally thin rectangles.

(and yes, I got the "please expand" pun and I decided to take it literally )

ReputationRep:
    I can't really put thought to words that well, so I'll make it a deep metaphor.

Me and Maths, this relationship we have, is an abusive one for sure. Every Differentiation application question, every Vector every Induction question, beats me to the ground, but just when I think it's over for me, just when I'm about to drown in past papers, binder notes, tears and my own blood, I get back up, and I pummel the past papers into non existence. Maths truly is an untameable beast, after you do it for long enough, soon everything you look at, everything you know, has a mathematical foundation, computers, ikea flat pack furniture, water bottles. Whenever I try to run, Maths always chases me down; I can never escape.

But despite all Maths' shortcomings, despite how sometimes I want to scream at it, despite how much it beats me to a pulp sometimes, I wouldn't give it up for anything else.

OR MAYBE I'M JUST ****IN RETARDED

From a Further Maths A Level student.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.