asenglishishard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Guys,
For AS e nglish literature, does the number of paragraphs we write matter? Most people do 4 body paragraphs + intro + conclusion. Butsince ive got bad timing stratergy, I can only manage 3 body paragraphs +intro+concl. Does this matter in marking? Will i be marked down for it?
username3489684
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
there is usually a lot to write for english lit and usually 3 paragraphs won't cut it. I think most people write 4 to 6 paragraphs. Of course quality over quantity but you'll find that three paragraphs might not be enough to make a good argument.
vanderwoodsen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It truly is the quality of your writing over the quantity. Three paragraphs seems to me to be standard, maybe 4 if they're slightly shorter and all go into less detail, but writing any more I would imagine that you'd lose any sense of detail and depth? I got an A* in my Lit A level, and in each of my exams I always made sure I got at least three well-rounded, in-depth paragraphs written, plus a concise but clear intro and conclusion. In a couple of the essays I managed to squeeze out an extra paragraph or two if I had 10 mins or so spare. Three paragraphs plus intro and conclusion seems standard to me? It allows you to clearly discus the development of themes across a text, and allows you to go into appropriate amount of depth. Talk to your teachers if you are worried but three paragraphs to me is honestly fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (128)
29.77%
No (302)
70.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed