Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scholarships Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’m a foreigner and I want to get a scholarship to uk , but heard they will make me study one year igcse ! Is that right ? Like can’t I just get a scholarship with my own certificate without repeating an year
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muzna1)
    I’m a foreigner and I want to get a scholarship to uk , but heard they will make me study one year igcse ! Is that right ? Like can’t I just get a scholarship with my own certificate without repeating an year
    If you say what qualifications you already help people may be able to help more, also what sort of scholarships are you after.

ReputationRep:
    Medical scholarships !i would like to study university there , but ... what do u mean by qualifications ?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Medical scholarships !i would like to study university there , but ... what do u mean by qualifications ?
    What public ( external) exams have you sat?

ReputationRep:
    Taking the Sudanese certificate ,, not sure what u mean by external exams

ReputationRep:
    Taking the Sudanese certificate ,, not sure what u mean by external exams
    External exam - ones that you get an actual qualification from, usually nationwide. So not mocks in school which are marked by teachers etc.

From a quick google it looks like to study any degree in the UK you would need to either do a foundation year in the UK or complete the first year of a degree in Sudan.
    Having a quick look at a variety of scholarships I couldn’t see any that mentioned IGCSE’s so that shouldn’t be a problem.
    I’d suggest you have a look at a selection of Unis that you like the sound of and view their entry requirements and scholarships pages to see what works for you.

ReputationRep:
    Does it mean not all universities require me to study an extra year . Like it just depends on the university

ReputationRep:
    Does it mean not all universities require me to study an extra year . Like it just depends on the university
    I’m not an expert but from looking you will probably have to do some sort of foundation year which is harder than your Sudanese certificate then you would be able to take the normal length degree.
    This isn’t to get scholarships this is just to actually do the degree.
    Obviously you are also going to need to be getting work experience shadowing volunteering, Proof of English language ability etc.

I’m going to tag in

The Medic Portal

As they may be able to give you some more useful help

ReputationRep:
    Okay thankyou !!! Will check it out for sure ) ء

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.