The Student Room Group

King's sent me this message and i dont understand what i am supposed to do.

My teacher has already sent a reference and predicted grades through UCAS. i have already mentioned my subjects in the education column of UCAS.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your application to King's College London.

In order to continue assessing your application, please can you provide the following information within 7 days:

Predicted grades for your current qualification, to include modules and subjects, from a verifiable academic reference
Academic reference from a verifiable academic email address or on headed paper and signed

Please provide this in a letter and upload it as an attachment on the King’s Apply messaging system. If you are having difficulty in uploading your documents, please contact us through a King’s Apply message or call us on +44 (0) 20 7848 7000 and the Admissions Team will be happy to help you.

We would be grateful if you could provide the above information as soon as possible, and within 7 days of the date of this message, or your application may be made unsuccessful. Once received, we will continue to assess your application. If you are unable to provide this information within the deadline for any reason please let us know so that we can advise further.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Anna Ta
Admission Officer
Original post by Swarnim
My teacher has already sent a reference and predicted grades through UCAS. i have already mentioned my subjects in the education column of UCAS.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to continue assessing your application, please can you provide the following information within 7 days:

Predicted grades for your current qualification, to include modules and subjects, from a verifiable academic reference
Academic reference from a verifiable academic email address or on headed paper and signed

Please provide this in a letter and upload it as an attachment on the King’s Apply messaging system. If you are having difficulty in uploading your documents, please contact us through a King’s Apply message or call us on +44 (0) 20 7848 7000 and the Admissions Team will be happy to help you.

We would be grateful if you could provide the above information as soon as possible, and within 7 days of the date of this message, or your application may be made unsuccessful. Once received, we will continue to assess your application. If you are unable to provide this information within the deadline for any reason please let us know so that we can advise further.

Kind regards,

Anna Ta
Admission Officer

How do you know your teacher did it? It's possible that they made a mistake. Contact King's and ask them to confirm that your teacher did not send a proper reference / did not correctly enter your predicted grades, then ask your teacher to write a letter as described in the email.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
How do you know your teacher did it? It's possible that they made a mistake. Contact King's and ask them to confirm that your teacher did not send a proper reference / did not correctly enter your predicted grades, then ask your teacher to write a letter as described in the email.

My teacher clicked send infront of me
Reply 3
"If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us."
Reply 4
Original post by Swarnim

Kind regards,

Anna Ta
Admission Officer

Did you apply as an individual (you input referee details yourself) or through a centre (using a buzzword)?
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
Did you apply as an individual (you input referee details yourself) or through a centre (using a buzzword)?

Individual
Reply 6
Original post by Arima
"If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us."

Its a weekend,no one replied,i obviously tried. If i wait for monday i will lose a lot of time
Reply 7
Original post by Swarnim
Individual

Then this is not unexpected. They just want verification on headed paper that the reference was actually from your referee - and not just one that you made up yourself because you could input anyone's details and claim they're a teacher. Did you use an official email address (eg work or school) or was it just a standard gmail etc?
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
Then this is not unexpected. They just want verification on headed paper that the reference was actually from your referee - and not just one that you made up yourself because you could input anyone's details and claim they're a teacher. Did you use an official email address (eg work or school) or was it just a standard gmail etc?

It was my Teacher's gmail
Reply 9
Original post by Swarnim
It was my Teacher's gmail

Yeah, that's why. They need you to prove that it was a genuine teacher reference - you could have just set up [email protected] and faked a reference for yourself.

You need to speak to your teacher, and get them to provide the requested proof.
Reply 10
Original post by Juno
Yeah, that's why. They need you to prove that it was a genuine teacher reference - you could have just set up [email protected] and faked a reference for yourself.

You need to speak to your teacher, and get them to provide the requested proof.

So i should ask my teacher ti send me a pdf of the reference on paper with our school emblem and her signature and upload it on King's apply?or she will have to send it to King's?
Reply 11
Original post by Swarnim
So i should ask my teacher ti send me a pdf of the reference on paper with our school emblem and her signature and upload it on King's apply?or she will have to send it to King's?

What exactly are you asking? If you read the email that you posted, it tells you how to do it. You need to get the things - and it tells you what they want - and send them through Kings Apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending