Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has already sent a reference and predicted grades through UCAS. i have already mentioned my subjects in the education column of UCAS.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your application to King's College London.

In order to continue assessing your application, please can you provide the following information within 7 days:

• Predicted grades for your current qualification, to include modules and subjects, from a verifiable academic reference
    • Academic reference from a verifiable academic email address or on headed paper and signed

Please provide this in a letter and upload it as an attachment on the King’s Apply messaging system. If you are having difficulty in uploading your documents, please contact us through a King’s Apply message or call us on +44 (0) 20 7848 7000 and the Admissions Team will be happy to help you.

We would be grateful if you could provide the above information as soon as possible, and within 7 days of the date of this message, or your application may be made unsuccessful. Once received, we will continue to assess your application. If you are unable to provide this information within the deadline for any reason please let us know so that we can advise further.

If you have any queries, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Anna Ta
    Admission Officer
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    As a disclaimer I don't have any experience with KCL's admissions system, but as a layperson I agree that this sounds odd. I would recommend recommend replying (or if they've supplied an email address to contact, email them there) and explaining that your academic reference and predicted grades have already been submitted via UCAS. This could just be a mistake or there could be a genuine reason why they're requesting this but regardless, it doesn't strike me as being particularly clear from this email.

Have you received any communication from other universities you've applied to that could indicate something is off with your application?

ReputationRep:
    call them up and explain what happened

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    As a disclaimer I don't have any experience with KCL's admissions system, but as a layperson I agree that this sounds odd. I would recommend recommend replying (or if they've supplied an email address to contact, email them there) and explaining that your academic reference and predicted grades have already been submitted via UCAS. This could just be a mistake or there could be a genuine reason why they're requesting this but regardless, it doesn't strike me as being particularly clear from this email.

Have you received any communication from other universities you've applied to that could indicate something is off with your application?
    No i havent recieved any such message from any other university. But i followed some threads they say send it on a paper with the school header with school stamp.but i dont get why and the question about how to send predicted grades from a verifiable source still remains.and its a weekend,UCAS and king's both are closed.if i wait for monday i will waste 3-4days out of 7.moreover should i just resend the original reference or ask for a new one?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Swarnim)
    No i havent recieved any such message from any other university. But i followed some threads they say send it on a paper with the school header with school stamp.but i dont get why and the question about how to send predicted grades from a verifiable source still remains.and its a weekend,UCAS and king's both are closed.if i wait for monday i will waste 3-4days out of 7.moreover should i just resend the original reference or ask for a new one?
    1. Email KCL now and/or ring them on Monday
    2. The only organisation that can send your predicted grades and reference is your school so there's nothing you can do about that until Monday anyway.
    3. They're asking you to upload it, so you don't need to wait for it to get posted.

KCL isn't going to ask the impossible of you and, even if this isn't a mistake and they actually have a reason for demanding these documents, if you're unable to get them in time then as long as you stay in contact with KCL and explain what the problem is, you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    1. Email KCL now and/or ring them on Monday
    2. The only organisation that can send your predicted grades and reference is your school so there's nothing you can do about that until Monday anyway.
    3. They're asking you to upload it, so you don't need to wait for it to get posted.

KCL isn't going to ask the impossible of you and, even if this isn't a mistake and they actually have a reason for demanding these documents, if you're unable to get them in time then as long as you stay in contact with KCL and explain what the problem is, you will be fine.
    Ok thank

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I might be human)
    This happened to me last year.
    What did you do then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.