Evaluating my personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to learning theory??

Watch
Bubbleuk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sancosta2728)
Hi carina
I am currently studying with stonebridge as well and is struggling with the question as you did but could you please help me as well as how to proceed . you said you manage the question "Evaluating my personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to learning theory?"
any help will be appreciated . thank you in advance
Can i have some help on this please, i am really struggling with how to evaluate my swot , don't know what to write or how to reference it. any help or guidance would be grateful . thanks
Bubbleuk
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Carrina2369)
Hi,

I finally passed this question after a couple of tries, something Just eventually clicked after an oversight on my part. Anyway, which learning theory have you studied on your course?? ... I’m sorry if this takes time, and I end up asking a lot of questions, I’m just trying to find the best way to explain it

Carrina x
hi carrina

(Original post by sancosta2728)
Hi carina
I am currently studying with stonebridge as well and is struggling with the question as you did but could you please help me as well as how to proceed . you said you manage the question "Evaluating my personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to learning theory?"
any help will be appreciated . thank you in advance
Hi has anyone completed this and able to give me some guidance please
kezjam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, l am doing the Access to Higher Education and l need your help with unit 2 question 2. Seeing as you’ve passed is it possible to help me out. I just need to see how you’ve done it to give me an idea as l have made two attempts and on both attempts l have not passed. Can you help? Thank you
Bubbleuk
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I have identified my strengths and weaknesses in relation to learning by completing a SWOT analysis based on my experiences from past learning and working (See attached SWOT Analysis). I am going to evaluate them using the Kolb’s experiential learning theory, Kolb (1975) and the Honey and Mumford (1972) Learning Styles.
Kolb’s learning theory consists of four key stages within a learning cycle – Concrete Experience, Observations & Reflection, Formation of Concepts & Generalisations and Testing/ Active Experimentation.
The theory assumes that the learning cycle begins with an experience “Learning is the process whereby knowledge is created through the transformation of experience” (Kolb, 1984, p. 38) and once all stages of the cycle are complete a new experience is born. I can apply this theory to my past learning, for example when I did a previous course for work to improve my knowledge and putting it into practise, I found that I am a better learner when it comes to hands on. I can learn easier when being shown how to do something other than learning from books.
Honey and Mumford (1972) identified four learning styles which correlate to each stage of Kolb’s Learning Cycle - Activist, Reflector, Theorist and Pragmatist, Mobbs, D. (2010). Individuals are thought to have a learning style preference.
“Honey and Mumford suggest that understanding and being self-aware of your learning style preference can maximise your learning experience, improve learning skills, help you to become a more effective learner and open the door to a variety of potential learning opportunities”, Zwanenberg (2016). Honey and Mumford — University of Leicester. [online].
They developed a Learning Styles Questionnaire which I completed to further understand my own learning style which indicated that I am an Activists I enjoy new life experiences and challenges, benefit from learning through experiences and working with others. I will 'try anything once'. I am also a Pragmatist learning through practical activities and real life.
I consider as strength my communication because I can communicate effectively with people every day in work, friends and family. Working for the NHS I had to adapt my communications skills depending on the individual person I was speaking to such as if my patients had dementia I would have to speak more calm, and at a level they would understand.
I consider as my weakness my time management skill. The home environment is just full of distraction, which cause me to procrastinate. There is always a reason to watch television, spend time with my grandkids, clean the house etc. My other negative trait would be that I’m like a perfectionist when I do things; I do them in such a methodical way that I am not satisfied until they are just right in my eyes. I always believe it’s not good enough and I could do better, this is down to having no self-confidence. I need to overcome barriers by planning a “time-out for learning” within my weekly schedule and ensuring that I commit to not allowing any activities to interfere with it.

please reword using your own learning theory's

http://fcis.oise.utoronto.ca/~daniel.../faqs/qa8.html
http://as.exeter.ac.uk/media/level1/...Guide-30cr.doc
https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/do.../honey-mumford
https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/do.../theories/kolb
Slule
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Carrina2369)
Hi, if you said me your email address, I will send you mine and maybe you can get some ideas from it. I don’t suggest you copy it tho. I hope this helps. I too struggled with understanding this question xx
I am currently working on this question and am stuck please help
Danicaann_27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I am currently working on this one too. If you got any help available can you please help. I am struggling to understand this and I dont even know what to put on my SWOT Analysis. Thanks
MRSAD79
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Swot analysis you can get templates online and try to be as objective as possible, I am also studying at the moment too.
sancosta2728
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MRSAD79)
Swot analysis you can get templates online and try to be as objective as possible, I am also studying at the moment too.
Thank you
mubarak192
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hello is me Chris I am struggling with this SWOT analysis. please if you can send me your point it would be great. Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (98)
13.69%
I'm not sure (32)
4.47%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (224)
31.28%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.37%
I'm not a current university student (345)
48.18%

Watched Threads