Muslim? Watch

student-af
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've been brought up in a Muslim family. I've been taught it's teachings and values. All my life I have looked down upon things such as smoking and drinking etc. Recently resentment against my parents wrongdoings and hypocricity in both religion and everything has made me think who are you to tell me what my religion teaches. I firmly believe in my religion however I have reached a stage in my life (I'm currently 17 doing my a levels) in which I have smoked a few cigarettes and recently did something I would never have done before. Drink alcohol. I know its wrong but I don't regret it for somr reason, and have been finding excuses to and plan to carry on?
lauracox25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you are doing fine as long as you still believe in Islam, that's what matters most. Allah will understand
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personal belief in a god, and man-made rules based on medieval Middle-Eastern culture are two entirely different things.
yesmynameis
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by student-af)
I've been brought up in a Muslim family. I've been taught it's teachings and values. All my life I have looked down upon things such as smoking and drinking etc. Recently resentment against my parents wrongdoings and hypocricity in both religion and everything has made me think who are you to tell me what my religion teaches. I firmly believe in my religion however I have reached a stage in my life (I'm currently 17 doing my a levels) in which I have smoked a few cigarettes and recently did something I would never have done before. Drink alcohol. I know its wrong but I don't regret it for somr reason, and have been finding excuses to and plan to carry on?
whats your name? dm me for advice, i have been in this situation myself
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.59%
No (670)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.67%

Watched Threads