Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I took a postgraduate loan for part time studies and my housing benefit claim has 95 pounds counted as income on my claim.im only receiving 5142 pounds for academic year 2017/2018 and the rest of 5142 pounds next academic year 2018/2019.
    Housing excempted 10 pounds and counted 95 pounds as an income for the 5142 pounds im getting for the first year..i have read a previous thread and it appears my award is wrong as I read housing benefits take travel/ study materials into consideration and that should reduce the amount to 19.5 pounds per week and 10 pounds exempted should be 9.5 pounds per week..i have 95 pounds per week on my claim for the 5142 I will be getting for the first year..
    Can you please advise if this is right or wrong?
    Apologise if I'm asking something you've already answered..im very worried at the moment.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juddyzzz)
    I took a postgraduate loan for part time studies and my housing benefit claim has 95 pounds counted as income on my claim.im only receiving 5142 pounds for academic year 2017/2018 and the rest of 5142 pounds next academic year 2018/2019.
    Housing excempted 10 pounds and counted 95 pounds as an income for the 5142 pounds im getting for the first year..i have read a previous thread and it appears my award is wrong as I read housing benefits take travel/ study materials into consideration and that should reduce the amount to 19.5 pounds per week and 10 pounds exempted should be 9.5 pounds per week..i have 95 pounds per week on my claim for the 5142 I will be getting for the first year..
    Can you please advise if this is right or wrong?
    Apologise if I'm asking something you've already answered..im very worried at the moment.
    I think the disregard is supposed to be 70% of your loan. So it should be more like £30 a week they count.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.