UniqueBot
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am in the middle of year9? What grades should i be at in maths english and science using the gcse england 9-1 grading structure. thankyou.
stoyfan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by UniqueBot)
I am in the middle of year9? What grades should i be at in maths english and science using the gcse england 9-1 grading structure. thankyou.
Usually the government expects you to do improve at least by a grade each year.
Then again you could improve by 3-4 grades in one year.

So you shouldn't be at all worried about what grade you got in year 9 since you can massively improve in year 10 and 11 if you work really hard.
UniqueBot
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you i will work hard and revise!
LRxS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To be honest it depends on what you want to do. Whatever grade your education aiming for at GCSE, obviously the closer you are to it the better, but actually it's possible to go up a lot if you work hard, so don't worry. I got Ds and Es in chemistry in year 9, came out with an A* at GCSE and an A at AS-Level. I know some people fundamentally struggle with maths and English but don't worry too much - if you put the work in you will improve
lauracox25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Try to get at least grade 3... try not to fail and your grades will improve thought year ten and eleven
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Grades don't really matter in year 9. I was sitting on Ds/Cs and the odd B in year 9 but I improved a fair bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (221)
43.68%

Watched Threads