Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drilling Holes and Lesbians Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have some Andy Warhol Pop Art I want to decorate my flat with. Is there any way to place them on the walls without drilling holes?

And on an entirely different note...

My boss at work is an ex-Army lesbian and she has just left to go somewhere else for a while. That means...peace and quiet. Git up there.

:kungfu:

ReputationRep:
    you could make two separate threads for this ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekuyper)
    I have some Andy Warhol Pop Art I want to decorate my flat with. Is there any way to place them on the walls without drilling holes?

My boss at work is an ex-Army lesbian and she has just left to go somewhere else for a while. That means...peace and quiet. Git up there.

How exactly does her being a lesbian have anything to do with "peace and quiet"? Are you suggesting that her sexuality is a negative factor which you dislike? Because that seems to be the case.

ReputationRep:

You can use this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/VELCRO-Bran...ds=velcro+tape

ReputationRep:
    Hooray for velcro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    How exactly does her being a lesbian have anything to do with "peace and quiet"? Are you suggesting that her sexuality is a negative factor which you dislike? Because that seems to be the case.
    Thank you for taking the time to be offended on behalf of somebody else who you don't know. It's very 2017.

ReputationRep:
    The tile 😂

ReputationRep:

Y'all I'm a lesbian and I laughed at this 😂

For those that are confused this was my understanding:
    • DODGY TITLE + innocent explanation. Like "How can I get my girlfriend to trim her bush" but you're talking about a plant in her house, not... you know.
    • Boss is away = quiet
    • PUN! Drilling -> army drill sergeant? So definitely peace and quiet if they're gone.

😂

ReputationRep:
    Also, you can use strong double sided tape, or command hooks.

Command hooks are little plastic hooks with sticky backs, I use them all the time in my room to hand up fairy lights/picture frames that have hook things or string on that you'd normally hang from a nail.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahLeicester)
    Thank you for taking the time to be offended on behalf of somebody else who you don't know. It's very 2017.
    As a gay man I'm offended on principle at any suggestion of prejudice towards LGBT people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    As a gay man I'm offended on principle at any suggestion of prejudice towards LGBT people.
    Your original comment was completely valid.

Lesbian here and my thoughts were the same as yours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.