Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is he playing mind games? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, there’s this guy who sits on my bus. I don’t know what he’s playing at tbh. A few weeks back we exchanged glances a lot and I thought this was a sign that he liked me. I found his insta and it turns out that he had a girlfriend but I followed him anyway. He denied my follow request. I was kinda like “...okay then dude.” but I got over it.

However, he keeps looking at me and i’ve noticed a lot more since we came back from half term. When we wait for the bus, I stand on the other side of the stop and I’ve caught him looking right at me. I have to walk pass him when I get on the bus and it seems that he looks at what I’m wearing and stuff like that. He always sits near me if there is space around me, whenever something happens on the bus he looks at what’s happening and then looks at me (seeing my reaction maybe?), when other people talk to me other than my best friend he looks and when we walk pass each other we exchange glances.

I have no idea what this means please help

ReputationRep:
    You're funny. From what you've said, you haven't exchanged a word with this guy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever actually talked to this guy?

ReputationRep:
    STARING doesn't mean anything. People like to stare. People stare at me a lot in a bad way so I suggest you not overthink this and break your own heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeeprince)
    Basically, there’s this guy who sits on my bus. I don’t know what he’s playing at tbh. A few weeks back we exchanged glances a lot and I thought this was a sign that he liked me. I found his insta and it turns out that he had a girlfriend but I followed him anyway. He denied my follow request. I was kinda like “...okay then dude.” but I got over it.

However, he keeps looking at me and i’ve noticed a lot more since we came back from half term. When we wait for the bus, I stand on the other side of the stop and I’ve caught him looking right at me. I have to walk pass him when I get on the bus and it seems that he looks at what I’m wearing and stuff like that. He always sits near me if there is space around me, whenever something happens on the bus he looks at what’s happening and then looks at me (seeing my reaction maybe?), when other people talk to me other than my best friend he looks and when we walk pass each other we exchange glances.

I have no idea what this means please help
    Whatever it means or doesn't mean he has a girlfriend so you should probably leave it alone. That being said, he probably has the hots for you but is too shook to leave his girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    If he has a girlfriend I'd try to suppress anything to do with him because it usually leads to trouble. I mean, of course be his friend and all but the second that he makes a move or you think of making a move just be careful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nyimane)
    You're funny. From what you've said, you haven't exchanged a word with this guy.
    No I haven’t as I don’t know what to say. He isn’t in any of my classes and we don’t share mutual friends. As he has a girlfriend, I don’t want to cause trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Have you ever actually talked to this guy?
    No I haven’t (except only like 2 words when I insisted for him to get on the bus first) I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk to him as I know he has a girlfriend and also, what am I meant to say to him? I just feel awkward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald777O)
    STARING doesn't mean anything. People like to stare. People stare at me a lot in a bad way so I suggest you not overthink this and break your own heart
    Thank you. I haven’t got a crush on him or anything so I’m not fussed really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeeprince)
    No I haven’t. I don’t think it’s appropriate to talk to him as I know he has a girlfriend and also, what am I meant to say to him? I just feel awkward
    then why follow him on instagram? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nippleofjustice)
    Whatever it means or doesn't mean he has a girlfriend so you should probably leave it alone. That being said, he probably has the hots for you but is too shook to leave his girlfriend
    Thank you I was just confused on what’s going on as I know he has a girlfriend lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    then why follow him on instagram? xD
    Because I was curious😂

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because your staring at him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRDiablo)
    If he has a girlfriend I'd try to suppress anything to do with him because it usually leads to trouble. I mean, of course be his friend and all but the second that he makes a move or you think of making a move just be careful
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    What an insane love story it would be if something were to happen though😍😅
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymasRaRa)
    Maybe because your staring at him
    Nah, I don’t stare lol

ReputationRep:
    The silence between you and him must be so awkward

Have you tried talking to him directly to ask why he keeps staring? Maybe he just has a tendency to look at people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raye Bennet)
    What an insane love story it would be if something were to happen though😍😅
    Low-key imagining😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baaah)
    The silence between you and him must be so awkward

Have you tried talking to him directly to ask why he keeps staring? Maybe he just has a tendency to look at people.
    I want to ask but I’m scared that I’ve totally misread everything. I don’t think I have but it’s still a possibility. The first time we exchanged words with each other (he was waiting for me to get on the bus first but I insisted him going on first) I was literally shaking you have no idea😂 he just looked right into my eyes

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's just checking dat booty

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.