Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for GCSE physics? Thanks all, Im struggling a bit

ReputationRep:
    Past papers is key I can’t emphasis how important past papers are in GCSE. Try do any multiple choice papers you see infront of you.By, April you’d have done enough for you to master GCSE physics. Good luck
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Past papers, go to revision sessions as boring as they may be, and have a look at the actual specification for your board, they tend to have the basic information in a (mostly) easy way to understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salma Abbas)
    Past papers is key I can’t emphasis how important past papers are in GCSE. Try do any multiple choice papers you see infront of you.By, April you’d have done enough for you to master GCSE physics. Good luck
    Thanks for you help - where do I get the multiple choice papers, can yourecommeed any? Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keirajones2467)
    Past papers, go to revision sessions as boring as they may be, and have a look at the actual specification for your board, they tend to have the basic information in a (mostly) easy way to understand.
    Brilliant thank you - just trying to crack my mocks so no revision sessions just yet, but I will go for the actual GCSE

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can go to xtremepapers.com or Egyptianstudentroom.com which is more organised (but it’s only for Edexcel and CIE)

ReputationRep:
    Yes there is Xtremepapers.com they also have some good revision notes if you dig deep in their threads and there is Egyptianstudentroom.com which is more organised but its only for CIE and Edexcel. There’s also Znotes which have the BEST revision notes for GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    If you are struggling with a certain topic and can't grasp it, ask your teacher for help after school. Do it soon, don't let the confusion keep building up till exam season. Try not to just memorise. Understand the information. Plus do many questions on it after to secure the fact you understand the topic so that later you won't have to relearn it.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Don’t do past papers until the run up to the exam. I made good revision notes in bullet point form that were clear and asked my teacher about anything I wasn’t sure about. I did this and I got an A* in my summer exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upbeat4)
    Don’t do past papers until the run up to the exam. I made good revision notes in bullet point form that were clear and asked my teacher about anything I wasn’t sure about. I did this and I got an A* in my summer exam.
    Thankyou thats really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upbeat4)
    Thankyou for that , i was having a panic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellomellow)
    If you are struggling with a certain topic and can't grasp it, ask your teacher for help after school. Do it soon, don't let the confusion keep building up till exam season. Try not to just memorise. Understand the information. Plus do many questions on it after to secure the fact you understand the topic so that later you won't have to relearn it.

Good luck.
    Thankyou very much for that - makes sense too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salma Abbas)
    Yes there is Xtremepapers.com they also have some good revision notes if you dig deep in their threads and there is Egyptianstudentroom.com which is more organised but its only for CIE and Edexcel. There’s also Znotes which have the BEST revision notes for GCSE!
    Thanks again, that s a great help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.