Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just got out after 8 weeks in prison for perverting the cause of justice Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    previous flippant comments aside:

Try the armed forces. They are looking for recruits and have a shortage. They will definitely consider you and I'd think you have a very good chance of getting in.

You will gain real skills, self discipline, fitness, camaraderie, travel, health care, education and a salary. Promotion is there for the taking if you have the aptitude and determination.

The more you make of yourself, the easier it will be to wipe the slate clean and integrate back as a valuable civilian.

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers

http://www.army.mod.uk/join/26390.aspx
    That's what I'm doing. I have a criminal record and have done time for GBH. I always wanted to join the Army. I don't know if it's different for other crimes but they make you wait a long time before joining if you have a record - years for me. They will talk to you about it and discuss options with you. I'm 27 now so a bit older than most joining but hoping it works out,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.