Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm an arab muslim girl from Morocco, ask me anything! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a weird question....but when I went to Marrakech 5 years ago, all the couscous i was served there was plain, and we had to add our own sauces to it (that were given to us). When you see recipes with it over here in the UK, all of them flavour couscous. Is this weird for you or do you really not care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.e.)
    do u smoke shisha
    No but a lot of my friends do, occasionally
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Ya habibti :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I went to Agadir a while back and it was AMAZING!!!! Morocco is such a good place, better than crappy England, and all the people seem to be upbeat, welcoming and lovely, unlike the tourist areas in Britain where the 18 yr old on the london eye or the depressed man in blackpool treats you like ****. The people were so hospitable and it seemed like they wanted us to have a good time, it was awesome! Loved the weather!

I want to go back one day, maybe with the lads once we have finished GCSE's, do you know any other places in Morocco that are great? We also went Marrakesh for a day but there was a lot of pollution, very crowded and so many homeless/kids in poverty so we didn't like it and went back to our resort in Agadir. Hows the country like away from the tourist areas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuentinM)
    Maybe a weird question....but when I went to Marrakech 5 years ago, all the couscous i was served there was plain, and we had to add our own sauces to it (that were given to us). When you see recipes with it over here in the UK, all of them flavour couscous. Is this weird for you or do you really not care?
    If you’re talking about that liquid sauce then it’s normal, we usually serve it apart in an other bowl because some people like it with, some like it without, so it’s up to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    I went to Agadir a while back and it was AMAZING!!!! Morocco is such a good place, better than crappy England, and all the people seem to be upbeat, welcoming and lovely, unlike the tourist areas in Britain where the 18 yr old on the london eye or the depressed man in blackpool treats you like ****. The people were so hospitable and it seemed like they wanted us to have a good time, it was awesome! Loved the weather!

I want to go back one day, maybe with the lads once we have finished GCSE's, do you know any other places in Morocco that are great? We also went Marrakesh for a day but there was a lot of pollution, very crowded and so many homeless/kids in poverty so we didn't like it and went back to our resort in Agadir. Hows the country like away from the tourist areas?
    I’m glad you enjoyed your time here!
    You should go to the north (Tangier, Chefchaouen and Tetouan) it’s really beautiful and peculiar and they have great beaches. I personally really like Essaouira, in the south, it’s so peaceful.
    There aren’t many tourists in Casablanca mainly because it’s like any european big city, crowded, polluted, stressful but good for shopping malls and restaurants!
    Fes is also really beautiful, especially if you want to do cultural tourism
    Some people also do organized trips in the desert, they say that you’ll see the most beautiful sunset in Merzouga ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin Hodge)
    Ya habibti :teehee:
    That’s actually more like egyptian arabic haha, in moroccan arabic we say hbiba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rits21)
    That’s actually more like egyptian arabic haha, in moroccan arabic we say hbiba
    I didn’t know you guys have different variations of Arabic. I want to learn Arabic. Just haven’t gotten round to doing it yet

ReputationRep:
    I didn’t know you guys have different variations of Arabic. I want to learn Arabic. Just haven’t gotten round to doing it yet
    Yes it’s a little crazy, each arab country speaks arabic a little differently, in dialects, but overall we can understand each other. However, when we write for example , we write in «*classical arabic*» which is the one we are taught in school

ReputationRep:
    I've seen some of these threads and I'm bored so why not start one ☺️
    Ya hala bech. Chef 7aalech elyoum?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it’s a little crazy, each arab country speaks arabic a little differently, in dialects, but overall we can understand each other. However, when we write for example , we write in «*classical arabic*» which is the one we are taught in school
    It sounds a lot like me and my race then 😂

ReputationRep:
    It sounds a lot like me and my race then 😂
    Which is..?

ReputationRep:
    Which is..?
    I’m South Asian. We have Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi which are pretty similar so if you can understand one you can pretty much understand all 3 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    Ya hala bech. Chef 7aalech elyoum?
    Great what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I’m South Asian. We have Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi which are pretty similar so if you can understand one you can pretty much understand all 3 😂
    Yesss that’s it haha

ReputationRep:
    Great what about you?
    Zain 7amdellah

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? and kaefa halik

ReputationRep:
    are moroccan women good looking?

ReputationRep:
    Is Morocco nice?

ReputationRep:
    will i be behead if i go visit maroco no muslim?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.