Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Boris Johnson about to fall, following the "Tory 40" dossier? Could May follow? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    If if is of national security, or indeed was in reference to a criminal act or the agreement was induced through duress, the NDA would hold no force legally.
    The NDA held no practical force legally anyway. Do you think if she blabbed and exposed Boris Johnson for refusing to use a condom and then forcing her in some lawful fashion to have an abortion he'd be able to sue her in practice for a large amount of money, including compensation for his legal fees, for example making her lose most of what she owns and go bankrupt? In practice, do you seriously think that would all happen? Of course it wouldn't. The point of the NDA wasn't that it could EVER be quoted in court. The point was to scare her.

As for Johnson being a security risk, this fact that has been obvious to me for a long time is now out in the open. Martin Fletcher has revealed today that the intelligence services are "wary" of giving Johnson any "sensitive information". And Fletcher should know what he's talking about: he was foreign editor at the Times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marers)
    You are the one who claimed you knew their relationship was "consensual". I haven't expressed an opinion, let alone said I knew.

It is a matter of fact that Johnson has discussed with a criminal friend getting a journalist violently beaten up.

The issue is national security. That such a man with the NDA on his record (banning the disclosure of we know not what, but it's to do with a sexual relationship with a woman in her early 20s) has been - and still is, for the moment! - in such a position has posed a major security risk. It is not as if no-one else was available for the job.

It IS our business that the prime minister of this country has made such a gigantic national security mess-up.
    i have an NDA on my record. i signed the Official Secrets Act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marers)
    The NDA held no practical force legally anyway. Do you think if she blabbed and exposed Boris Johnson for refusing to use a condom and then forcing her in some lawful fashion to have an abortion he'd be able to sue her in practice for a large amount of money, including compensation for his legal fees, for example making her lose most of what she owns and go bankrupt? In practice, do you seriously think that would all happen? Of course it wouldn't. The point of the NDA wasn't that it could EVER be quoted in court. The point was to scare her.

As for Johnson being a security risk, this fact that has been obvious to me for a long time is now out in the open. Martin Fletcher has revealed today that the intelligence services are "wary" of giving Johnson any "sensitive information". And Fletcher should know what he's talking about: he was foreign editor at the Times.
    Well, if you think the only sensitive information relevant to these two people are him raping her, no. But if it pertained to the size of his knob and that he liked to have his arse licked during consensual sex, then yes, it would probably be held against her in court.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.