Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an EU students in England in the first year and I'm wondering, if I'm withdrawing from university in the winter, I'll have to repay my loan even if I'll be unemployed
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Andreifelix)
    I'm an EU students in England in the first year and I'm wondering, if I'm withdrawing from university in the winter, I'll have to repay my loan even if I'll be unemployed
    Yes you will, after you earn £21,000- SFE will only make you pay back what you've had from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Yes you will, after you earn £21,000- SFE will only make you pay back what you've had from them
    But if I'm leaving UK and go to Romania, I'll have to earn above the limit for Romania (8400) right?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    But if I'm leaving UK and go to Romania, I'll have to earn above the limit for Romania (8400) right?
    I don't know that, I'm going to ask for this thread to be moved to the Ask Student Finance England forum.

Spoiler:
    Show

Doonesbury,claireestelle - please move to the SFE forum

•  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Andreifelix,

If you withdraw from your course, you will become eligible to repay, from the April following your graduation.

You will only be required to start making repayments once you are earning over the threshold.

If going overseas for longer than 3 months we require that you complete an Overseas Income Assessment form (OVFA) in order to work out how much you are due to repay. Whilst you are overseas a new OVFA will be required every 12 months.

You can download the OVFA from www.student loan repayment.co.uk by selecting the 'Repaying Your Student Loan' option on the homepage (at the left hand side).

How Overseas Repayments are Calculated

Repayments are worked out exactly as they are in the UK which is 9% of your earnings over the threshold. The overseas thresholds differ depending on the country that you are living in. Economic factors (e.g. cost of living), relative to the UK, are then taken into consideration for each country to determine the threshold that will apply to that country.

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Andreifelix,

If you withdraw from your course, you will become eligible to repay, from the April following your graduation.

You will only be required to start making repayments once you are earning over the threshold.

If going overseas for longer than 3 months we require that you complete an Overseas Income Assessment form (OVFA) in order to work out how much you are due to repay. Whilst you are overseas a new OVFA will be required every 12 months.

You can download the OVFA from www.student loan repayment.co.uk by selecting the 'Repaying Your Student Loan' option on the homepage (at the left hand side).

How Overseas Repayments are Calculated

Repayments are worked out exactly as they are in the UK which is 9% of your earnings over the threshold. The overseas thresholds differ depending on the country that you are living in. Economic factors (e.g. cost of living), relative to the UK, are then taken into consideration for each country to determine the threshold that will apply to that country.

Regards Rona
    These apply also if I'm a Romanian citizen?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    These apply also if I'm a Romanian citizen?

Hi Andreifelix,

Yes that is correct. Just make sure when you withdraw from your course that all your contact details are correct and that we have your correspondence address.

Regards Rona

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.